Need Gold Mirrors for a CF Fire Apparatus

Hello All

We're in the midst of restoring a 1974 CF-685 pumper. We would like to find a pair of NOS gold mirrors to replace old ones. Part numbers are believed to be 3157.MGGBR & 3157.MGGBL. We also want new chrome mounting arms (not sure if part number gets you the arms with the mirrors). We don't need heated mirrors, but it seem the gold anodized version is no longer made and hard to find.

I've attached a photo of the existing installation. Thanks for your help.

post-12424-0-47290600-1345206873_thumb.j

Hello All

We're in the midst of restoring a 1974 CF-685 pumper. We would like to find a pair of NOS gold mirrors to replace old ones. Part numbers are believed to be 3157.MGGBR & 3157.MGGBL. We also want new chrome mounting arms (not sure if part number gets you the arms with the mirrors). We don't need heated mirrors, but it seem the gold anodized version is no longer made and hard to find.

I've attached a photo of the existing installation. Thanks for your help.

post-12424-0-47290600-1345206873_thumb.j

You could buy a set of half dogs that they used on the doors. they made stainless mirror brackets for the F models if you can find them they will work. Ron

• 3 weeks later...

That's going to be a tough one. Every great once in a while items like that turn up at fire flea markets such as the Spring Melt. You also might try advertising on the SPAAMFAA site. Probably best to just suck it up and get them re-plated.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Oh Barry!!!! What is the chance (and most importantly - cost) of getting gold mirrors reproduced? I think they look good and would go with the gold bulldog hood ornament.

Were the gold mirrors installed on anything other than fire trucks?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

If Barry decides to look into getting these done, perhaps seeing if can get them undrilled. That way us Brockway guys could get them and expand the order

hopefully. I'm, sure they'd be quite popualr As far as drilling goes, all you need is an old set to put them face to face and drill.....

Just an idea as far as cost go.....

Clay

I missed the question about the arms. Are you sure they are chrome and not polished stainless? I'm pretty sure they are stainless and can be polished out to look like new if they are not dented up. I use a cheapy bench polisher from Habor Freight and it works great. A little elbow grease and stainless will look like chrome. It is what I do to all of the stainless fasteners I use where chrome was used originally.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!