The "what's this?" of the Day

other dog

Most of you probably know. I haven't seen one for years, used to have one myself. I didn't know you could even get them anymore, but they had plenty of them at Truck World in Hubbard, Ohio for either 99 cents or $1.99 each- so I bought 3, for no good reason except to have them.

post-1374-0-92733200-1342363662_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Most of you probably know. I haven't seen one for years, used to have one myself. I didn't know you could even get them anymore, but they had plenty of them at Truck World in Hubbard, Ohio for either 99 cents or $1.99 each- so I bought 3, for no good reason except to have then.

I give up. What is it? what is it for? What does it do? And why would I need/use one?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I give up. What is it? what is it for? What does it do? And why would I need/use one?

E9V8 is right- you put the hook at the top under your dash and the other end on the accelerator pedal to idle your truck up to whatever rpm's you want. That hooked part slides up and down the shaft to adjust the length. You might need one to keep warm in the sleeper on those cold sunny south Florida nights.

E9V8 is right- you put the hook at the top under your dash and the other end on the accelerator pedal to idle your truck up to whatever rpm's you want. That hooked part slides up and down the shaft to adjust the length. You might need one to keep warm in the sleeper on those cold sunny south Florida nights.

I sleep in the house, in my bed,with the dog(s) to keep me warm

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

That hooker slides up and down the shaft to adjust the length. You might need one too.

I give. What is it?

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

muffler bearing tool

Must but the "Johnson Rod" part. Maybe a knuter valve extractor?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

other dog, on 15 July 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

That hooker slides up and down the shaft to adjust the length. You might need one too.

I tried that once. It cost a helluva lot more than $1.99 and the shaft returned to it's original length.

Jim

God damn it!

I'm afraid to use this old fashion sticky cruise-control.

Vlad

I've pulled the throttle knob out on the R models I've driven just to take a short break on a long trip. It's not something you want to forget about until you try to slow down.

The '67 White Freightliner my Dad drove had a setup similar to the one above,but it appeared to be from the factory.

Jim

I tried that once. It cost a helluva lot more than $1.99 and the shaft returned to it's original length.

I think you got screwed on that deal.

Rob

At one time i remenber ever one used that tool.

I still do use mine to hold the idle up to service automotive air conditioners.

Rob

All wrong! Tats a kick stand retainer for light duty U models. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've used one of these things to hold down a brake pedal to check brake lights.

We made a homemade one for a truck with no parking brake.

I was having urinary tract trouble one time, and the nurse ran one of those down my penis. It was a lot longer than that one though. randyp

Head in hands.............

post-6658-0-11678100-1342447801_thumb.jp

muffler bearing tool

Mufflers don't have bearings any more! When they shipped production off to India, they started using bushings to save cost. Last one I bought had some kind of wacky spiral wound "no-ream" bushing....Dammit!

• Like 1

Posted Yesterday, 08:50 PM

snapback.pngrandyp, on 15 July 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

I was having urinary tract trouble one time, and the nurse ran one of those down my penis. It was a lot longer than that one though. randyp

Was the Dr. in the next room?

LOL reminds me of the scene from Porky's :)

We made a homemade one for a truck with no parking brake.

Head in hands.............

post-6658-0-11678100-1342447801_thumb.jp

They were a very handy little tool, most of those throttle cables that you pulled out and twisted the knob to lock it in place broke in no time anyway. I used to use a stick- cut a notch in one end with my pocket knife to put under the dash, just kicked the other end further up on the pedal if I needed to speed things up.