1958 Mack? V12 Cummins

That sounds good to me.

Any thing to keep it from leaving the counrty.

buy it and I ill see about a place to park it for you until you can come and get it.

It would be fun to have setting at the shop. I would even enjoy driving it there.

I might even pay for the over size permit

Bob

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

If I understand the story correctly, the Gerosa Mack which nows belongs to Marino Crane was a Cummins V-12 when built new. It then got repowered at some point. Maybe 600 HP straight six???

Also, I think that Marino's has a torque converter but has a couple of sticks to give it many gearing choices.

Yup, hope this one stays here!

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

they were the LRVSW models.V12 Cummins 1486 cid at 500 hp.used on Dew line in northern canada and St.Lawrence sea way in Quebec also extensivly in mining in USA.later used as used units as Madill tower carriers,big tow trucks, large tractors like Gerosa's.one even made it into logging truck here on west coast of B C .

Nice, In looking thru the other photos on the link given, pay particular attention to rear axles & spring / beam mounting. This is in fact the last model of the LR series known as the LYSW. The rear axles & combination spring & walking beam is what became the rears for the M-45SX. Of the tandem axle LR's the LY is one of the rarest,

Ap40

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I am assuming that it has a good chance of going out of the country.

A lot of the stuff at that auction goes away. There were some bigger Macks there a while back and they went to Africa if I am not misstaken. Last auction there were all kinds of buyers there from out of the Country and there were a lot of them buying over the internet.

A person from Venezuela was paying the retail price and more on used miller bobcat welders, most had problems of some kind and would not run or weld one.

Bob Gil

Bob Gil

Does anybody have a datasheet with drawing of the LYSW? Would need a high quality scan of the drawing to build a scale model.

I'm a bit confused about this LYSW since the datasheet I found in the Internet (without drawing) claims the LYSW has an Mack FA 901 tubular frontaxle. This LYSW seems to have the Mack FA 801 I-beam front axle.

Could also need a LRSW datsheet with drawing (both version the one with the round frontfenders and the one with the square frontfenders)

That looks like Hodges truck from Oklahoma city,they had one sitting in there yard for years.I would see the truck 3 or 4 time a week when I am in OK City,the truck has been missing the last few weeks,might be there truck

AL

That looks like Hodges truck from Oklahoma city,they had one sitting in there yard for years.I would see the truck 3 or 4 time a week when I am in OK City,the truck has been missing the last few weeks,might be there truck

AL

I don't remember the red grille bar on Hodges' truck. I've crawled all over it a couple of times myself. Not disagreeing at all, just don't remember it myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It does look like one of Hodges trucks, but by coincidence I had a guy ask me today if MY truck was one of Hodge's trucks... It's a '91 Pete 379 extended hood, 63" flattop sleeper. The ONLY thing it would have in common with one of Hodges trucks, is it is white, with red frame, and red front fenders. It's a long wheelbase, 287", and I did finally put a nice rolling tailboard on it, but the signs on the doors clearly say H&T Construction, Pipeline Contractor, and have a picture of a sideboom... I guess the guy maybe couldn't read...

I spent 2 day at th auction trying to buy this one.It was Hodges truck out of OKC,the truck was in ok shape,alot of rust in the cab,doors.The frame looked real good.The truck ran and sounded good.The bidding started out at $2,000.00 there was one other guy bidding and me.Told my friend that we would go no more than $12,000 I mean you have to pay the Tax in Texas 8.5% plus a 2.5 % to the auction company.Anyway after we had the bid up to $21,000,so much for the $12,000 I think I might have even bid more but my wife don t need to know that it went for $27,000.00 I will post some pics asap

AL

• Like 2

I spent 2 day at th auction trying to buy this one.It was Hodges truck out of OKC,the truck was in ok shape,alot of rust in the cab,doors.The frame looked real good.The truck ran and sounded good.The bidding started out at $2,000.00 there was one other guy bidding and me.Told my friend that we would go no more than $12,000 I mean you have to pay the Tax in Texas 8.5% plus a 2.5 % to the auction company.Anyway after we had the bid up to $21,000,so much for the $12,000 I think I might have even bid more but my wife don t need to know that it went for $27,000.00 I will post some pics asap

AL

I wish I had known you were in town I live about 2 miles from RB and have been over there several times in the last few weeks. I was not there when this one sold but I did bid on some other stuff there this week.

Bob

Bob Gil

• 8 months later...

Nice, In looking thru the other photos on the link given, pay particular attention to rear axles & spring / beam mounting. This is in fact the last model of the LR series known as the LYSW. The rear axles & combination spring & walking beam is what became the rears for the M-45SX. Of the tandem axle LR's the LY is one of the rarest,

Ap40

post-5381-0-89768700-1365399480.jpg

That r wrecker is sweet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"