I was successful in getting my LT running! An oil change, some fresh filters and fuel, new batteries, and she fired right up. Not bad after sitting for about a decade.

Should be able to get some pictures up soon. The show season is definitely beckoning.

• Like 1

I was successful in getting my LT running! An oil change, some fresh filters and fuel, new batteries, and she fired right up. Not bad after sitting for about a decade.

Should be able to get some pictures up soon. The show season is definitely beckoning.

congratulations, now get that dern camera out and I wanna see some dern pictures,,,randy

I got brave and started fiddling with those valve stems. It turns out that they are extensions, I'm not sure why they wouldn't take air, but my plan of action is to replace them with new ones (hopefully with a different design) and go from there.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion. The background that I have on the truck is that my father bought it restored, he died when I was eleven, and I inherited it then. I've only just started playing around with it, as college has eaten up most of my funds since then, and since I'm done with school, I can spend a few (very few) bucks on the old gal.

I have sent out to the Mack Museum for more information about the chassis number, I'm looking forward to learning more about the history of my truck.

I do plan on trying my hand at restoration, but this truck is hopefully a long way from needing that again.

Edited by KO1927

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Superdog said:

that truck sure looks familiar,do you know the previous owner's name? It sure looks like one I've seen in a book somewhere,had Osborne on the door if I remember right.

Same truck.  You probably saw it at the ATHS National in Springfield, MA a couple of years ago.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.