given that the box shows TRD720 which is a 9 speed duplex. either they changed all the gears cause the case was cracked which is highly unlikely or they mated a 9 speed to a quadbox back makin it an 18 speed double overdrive. a 9 speed cover wont work on a 10 speed duplex and vise versa and I think its the same for a 18 and 20 speed quad. the forks and locks are in different spots. about the only way to tell is to count the teeth ad compare to one you know has not been screwed with or take it out and rotate it and count the revolutions in to out.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Plan on pulling the trans in spring. To look at the clutch and flywheel and pressure plate. Easier to do it now then when the cabs on. Will figure out what ratio the trans is then. If I need help on any of it I defy will let you guys know.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Pretty neat stuff. The R doesn't look as big in the picture as they do in person. Tom Spencer had on all done up. It was the first tractor I ever saw with the pony motor start. The other engines look big in the pictures. They must really be big in person.

What do you all think???

I would say with all that steam powered equipement you don't need any other generator in case Sandy is back.

Nice old stuff, look really ancient.

Love the Dodge.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The R came from MN. Gary Biewers tractor salvage... Well Mike your more then welcome to come for a visit.

No steam engines here. All gasoline or natural gas (now running on propane).

The Mesingers my dads. Just got it last year... Cool on the 20hp Olin. I like to see pics of that. Send me a PM of the stuff you got and some pics... And where are you from?

The Dieter came home earlyer this year. ( rusty engine no cart). Made in Cherryville, PA.

And the Foos on Tuesday.

post-2586-0-67732600-1442021396_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-49603700-1442021482_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just wanting to ask "where's the cab??"

That hood hinge cap damage area looks strange indeed.

But you never know where such an old lady roamed during all her lifetime.

What's on the plan - sandblasting or wirewheeling?

At least no rivet work is required :whistling:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Cabs off the frame. Bin off for 2 years and in and out of a building. It's on a car rotisserie. Got tired of moving it around, so I put it in a work bay to get all the metal repairs done and ready for paint and back on the frame in spring. I was thinking of getting it blasted. Then I was thinking of all the dirt getting in the cab. If anything soda blasting or a heavy duty scotch brute pad on a sander... Anyone got any suggestions on the best way??? I'm open to suggestions!!!

I took my 41 Chevy convertible body, doors and deck lid to a place in Pa. They blasted it with plastic medium. worked well. I will end up taking my cab and associated parts on my mixer to them. Chevy body and parts was $700 a few years ago

Plastic Media Blast, LLC

4 Louise Dr
Warminster PA 18974
215-794-0344

http://plasticmediablasting.com/html/contact.php

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was thinking of getting it blasted.

Check around for a mobile blaster who will come to your place to do it. I talked with one this past fall who will use soda or any other abrasive. He uses a water slurry for the other abrasives to keep the mess down.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!