Granddaughter Died This Morning

Greg Rider

At 5:30 this morning my 3 month old granddaughter was found dead. Her mom (my step-daughter) laid her on the sofa this morning and put a blanket on her to keep her warm and prevent her from rolling off of the sofa. Said that she went to get her and she was cold and blue, that she may have suffocated in the blanket. Coroner is investigating. :(

post-984-1236035496.jpg

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well shit. What is the right thing to say? While I am not family, I share in your sorrow. There just aint no good any way it's looked at.

My sympathy to you, yours, and rest of family.

I grieve with you my friend.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I spent 15 years on the Green River, WY ambulance service.

13 years as crew command.

I saw a lot of death, and none was ever good.

The worst call I ever had was an 11 week old baby that was cold and blue.

The police were the first on scene and started CPR.

I continued CPR for the 15-20 min. ride to the Hospital, but the baby was pronunced almost at once.

I never knew the baby, but I am not ashamed to tell you that a 50 year old man cried all the way.

That would be me.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Worst I ever had in my 21+ years in EMS was Christmas Eve of 1994. We were called out to a 6 month old DOA and found out on the scene that the father had beat the kid to death. Luckily that SOB was cuffed in the back of a police car or he would have been next. Hugged our kids tight that year. Walked a few out of the ER swaddled in a blanket and carried in my arms as if they were sleeping, and nobody knew any different. My former boss is a funeral director so he is doing a service at cost. He said we (wife and I) could pick-up the baby for him since we are "authorized" by him. My current company will let me use an ambulance for the trip if I want.

#1 on A-model registry

Sorry for your loss...a death in the family is always hard, but one so young has to be the hardest. Sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Greg,

I'm very sorry for your loss. If you would tell us her name, i'll put her and the family on the prayer list here at work and church. My prayers and sympathy go out to you and your family. The strength of our father comes out of us at these times of sorrow.

My Sincere Sympathy!

mike

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Greg, Me and my wife both have started to cry.......If you guys need anything let us know. You and your family are in our prayers

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

At 5:30 this morning my 3 month old granddaughter was found dead. Her mom (my step-daughter) laid her on the sofa this morning and put a blanket on her to keep her warm and prevent her from rolling off of the sofa. Said that she went to get her and she was cold and blue, that she may have suffocated in the blanket. Coroner is investigating. :(

You and your family are in our prayers brother.

:( Sorry to hear that;

You and your family have my deepest condolences. When someone this young passes on,I have to think the Lord must have something greater planned for that little soul. Take care,my friends,you'll be in my prayers!

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

GOD bless your family.....your grandbaby is in a better place...one we can only imagine.

matt

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Sorry I haven't responded sooner, been a little busy. Her name is Ariel Parsons from Kent,Ohio. Tuesday the coroner released her and the wife and I went and picked her up. They were shocked that the grandparents were doing this and somewhat leary but we explained that we've done transports before, the only difference was this was our granddaughter. We took her in the car to the funeral home and got her cleaned up, dressed, and ready for my stepdaughter to see her before being creamated. She was in a white flowered sleeper with butterfly socks and a small white bonnett. We wrapped her in a pink flowered blanket and we spent about 1 hour with her. There were only the parents and grandparents present. We did this for a final goodbye. A memorial service is Saturday the 7th at Cox Funeral Home in Barberton, Ohio. Bill Cox is a former employer and a friend. He allowed us to have the funeral home that night all alone as he had other obligations. He is doing this for us at cost as he doesn't want to profit from us. I thank each and everyone for their prayers. I still have a 2 year-old grandson (her older brother) to love and hold. Hey Larry, a little weird to think of me being a grandpa!!!

#1 on A-model registry