Pulling injectors on a 673

Craig N
Go to solution Solved by theakerstwo,

3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

The one thing you would have to do IF you swapped the whole drivetrain is hang the R clutch pedal in your cab.  It's a cable pull clutch so it would not work with your existing pedal arrangement(push style).

If you have the baby quad in your truck I would recommend swapping the drivetrain.  I do fine with my Triplex but it is much stronger(though still limiting).

What’s the baby quad?  5+4?  I have a duplex in mine. Honestly, I wanted a triplex or quad, I really enjoyed shifting gears when I drove the old b81 my old boss had years ago. I mean, who doesn’t love shifting gears?!

• Like 2

Got some stuff done today, but didn’t get the heads off. Can’t work on it tomorrow after work but hopefully can on Wednesday. 

Can see the mice made their way into the exhaust ports as well, little bastards.  

B33EC8E8-C2B1-4C24-8577-2A828E0844B9.jpeg

E06CCFD3-46CD-4A04-80BF-5258C4DBB33A.jpeg

4D603898-D99D-4B7B-AEAA-C24342BC929D.jpeg

51D33A2D-6036-4337-9D82-18BBD105A159.jpeg

CD7301E7-829D-4E6D-9EA9-6FDD6D309C91.jpeg

85D0F6FE-7C1C-4F54-B72A-4E54F23FFC36.jpeg

• Like 1

Mice suck !!!  down here we have dirt daubers that will build a nest in a bolt hole,,   just imagine..   I litterally put plugs or tape over the ends of my hose rolls to keep them out,,, in a bigger hose, they will go up inside, out of sight and make nest, then when I cut a peice of hose to install it, and it doesnt let fluid through........   Damn dirt dauber's..   Thats why I cap them on the rack..   :) 

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

I bet you are glad you didnt try to roll this engine over???  It would never have fired, unless of course you love ether..  :) anyway..   I do like the idea of buying the 237 truck..  If it runs really good and you can drive it, just because..  you'll probably be just fine, then set tis engine aside and re-biuld it, or carefully take it apart and clean the parts by hand, and sell the parts to recover some dough...  :)  jojo

6 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I bet you are glad you didnt try to roll this engine over???  It would never have fired, unless of course you love ether..  :) anyway..   I do like the idea of buying the 237 truck..  If it runs really good and you can drive it, just because..  you'll probably be just fine, then set tis engine aside and re-biuld it, or carefully take it apart and clean the parts by hand, and sell the parts to recover some dough...  :)  jojo

I do too. It seems like a really good deal for a complete truck, even if just for the driveline. Best part is, it runs and has everything I need to make it work in mine. Just a pain in the ass to get it to me at 9 hours away. I’m gonna wait until I get the heads off this week and really get a good look at the inside before I make any decisions.  Really hoping I can get this one going as it’ll be less work and money, but we’ll see I guess

8 hours ago, davehummell said:

That is the filter off an earlier engine I did research a few years ago and the info I got was on my engine I had to keep that style filter.

Keeping the filter then I guess. Do you have a part number for the canister by any chance?

Edited by Craig N

12 hours ago, Craig N said:

What’s the baby quad?  5+4?  I have a duplex in mine. Honestly, I wanted a triplex or quad, I really enjoyed shifting gears when I drove the old b81 my old boss had years ago. I mean, who doesn’t love shifting gears?!

You made a post in another forum about a quad from a gasser and putting a diesel in front of it.  I thought that is what you had.  My mistake.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

From what I hear  used to be able to buy a set up for the side of the engine illuminate labor finder but they are no longer available you might try calling watts… also Larry I think the cable clutch was in the later models my 66 does not have a cable my 87U model did 

22 minutes ago, mowerman said:

From what I hear  used to be able to buy a set up for the side of the engine illuminate labor finder but they are no longer available you might try calling watts… also Larry I think the cable clutch was in the later models my 66 does not have a cable my 87U model did 

The '67 I used to drive had a through-the-floor clutch pedal like a B, and a mechanical linkage.  The '70 I had used a hanging pedal and a cable.  Lots of variations out there.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

47 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

The '67 I used to drive had a through-the-floor clutch pedal like a B, and a mechanical linkage.  The '70 I had used a hanging pedal and a cable.  Lots of variations out there.

I once chan:MackLogo:ged a early DM with the mechanical linkage to a cable one , wasn't to bad to do.   terry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mowerman said:

Ok thanks for that … might be the deciding factor lol I’m sure that R model won’t last at that price … it’s too far away then you got all the labor pulling both drivelines then you know it’s not going to just bolt right up …  Bob 

Yeah, all of what you said is true. I’m really hoping the liners and pistons don’t look too bad when I get the heads off of my motor. Would be nice to just break it free and put it back together

I am really hoping you find minimal damage..  and I'm glad you are opening it up to look inside as well... I may be repeating myself, but I have been watching your post..  and I'm pulling for you..  jojo

• Like 1