Pictures of the Week

other dog

53 minutes ago, other dog said:

yessir, I couldn't get a real close look at it because it was on a trailer.

DSC_5550.thumb.JPG.d9597e0683d6babd3f017e22a4148488.JPG

Super charged  large displacement 90 degree V8...... I bet it does sound awesome .    Wonder if anyone ever tried putting a super charger on an E9 

On 10/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, theakerstwo said:

My first new pickup was a 1966 later model that was called a 1967 that looked like a Studebaker,It was a 250ci engine 3 speed long narrow wheel base and no air.It cost 2163.00

$2163 is equivalent to $19,815 today. I pretty positive there is no possible way to buy a brand new regular cab, long bed, 2wd, base model, base engine, half ton truck for less than $35,000 today. Its nuts......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark T said:

I'm almost positive ...if they aren't, they're Federals   I'm pretty sure they're Corbitts though being where they are.

The Thurston is a Corbitt, but I think the wrecker is a brown. Those two super-tall cabover Corbitts used to always be there, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Corbitt100_3439.jpg.a7267230815c0660e9d894ff473ba487.jpg

brownDSC_0422.thumb.JPG.b7be163959d01b251671c29b65dcb2d6.JPG

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, Mark T said:

I'm almost positive ...if they aren't, they're Federals   I'm pretty sure they're Corbitts though being where they are.

Corbitts. thats it!!! i had a brain fart and could not place the brand. 

at first i thought Federal too, but Federals never had the vertical bar grills. 

OD, if the AT wrecker is indeed a Brown, it is a rebadged Corbitt from the early years.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I always felt that way when I used to transport Post Office Macks from Portland M.E. to Portsmouth New Hampster...   Even topped out at 55mph. I thought I would be on my nose if I had to slam on the binders...  :)  jojo

33 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Seriously, looks like without a trailer it'd be dangerous if you stopped fast.

cab overs were very scary when bobtailing. especially short frame single axles. 

a good brake jab on dry roads and you could feel the rear come up and the cab start tipping over. 

the twin screw long frame freightliner i had was not nearly as bad. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

45 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Wonder what driving one of those tall ones was like.

Isn't the Curved Bit below the Windshield & in front of the Drivers feet the Sleeper..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

4 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

cab overs were very scary when bobtailing. especially short frame single axles. 

a good brake jab on dry roads and you could feel the rear come up and the cab start tipping over. 

the twin screw long frame freightliner i had was not nearly as bad. 

Years ago peterbilt here in Tulsa was building a glider kit for some one and it was short wheel base.They had just unloaded it in their yard and they take it inside for the work to be done.This was a cab over no rear axle or engine.Some one started raising the cab and it flip over forward and the frame rails went in the air and the cab hit the floor.

• Haha 2

glenn akers