Pictures of the Week

other dog

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

He had to have at least some type of adaptor if not an actual manifold. Also would have to have some way to convert it to belt drive.    I don't doubt you saw what you saw.... but it's a little more involved than what you're describing.  The 6-71 was the popular choice wit hot rodders, and some were actually an aftermarket copy of the GMC blower. One thing there's no debating ???  they're cool. 😎

Yes indeed, the GMC blower was never intended for the high RPM and pressure of a typical engine built for drag racing, but they do look cool. Freightrain has a 64 Ford with a blower motor, he might have pictures of it on here.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

12 hours ago, Mark T said:

He had to have at least some type of adaptor if not an actual manifold. Also would have to have some way to convert it to belt drive.    I don't doubt you saw what you saw.... but it's a little more involved than what you're describing.  The 6-71 was the popular choice wit hot rodders, and some were actually an aftermarket copy of the GMC blower. One thing there's no debating ???  they're cool. 😎

There prolly was a manifold tucked under there somewhere and I do remember the big belt on it as well. 

That’s kind of funny because I prefer 64 but the 63 would certainly work I did have a 62 beach wagon back around 1990 ’m still kicking my ass that I sold it original owner 78,000 miles what was I thinking ?? He even ordered it custom with a 390 …bob.

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

I always wanted a '62 Ford Camaro, with a 318 Slant six.  :)

I guess if I had to pick, 66-67 would be my favorite years for cars. I was saying a while back the '66 and '67 GTOs, Chevy IIs, and Chevelles are some of my favorite cars. A '67 GTO with a 400 4 speed would be the cat's ass.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

good deal Rubber Duck..  I have a Chevy 400 that i 'cam'd-up'  sittin in a tote..  nothing crazy, just a 'Comp' .49 lift Thumper..  When it was in my 1Ton, I could tear up the road,  but the granny gear 4spd, and 4.56 rear end, was not a good set-up..   :)  I tried to build a hopped up work truck ,,  No F'n way..  so any way... it's in a crate waiting for another Chevy...  I aint crap in the Hot Rod world, But I love 'em...  Jojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

good deal Rubber Duck..  I have a Chevy 400 that i 'cam'd-up'  sittin in a tote..  nothing crazy, just a 'Comp' .49 lift Thumper..  When it was in my 1Ton, I could tear up the road,  but the granny gear 4spd, and 4.56 rear end, was not a good set-up..   :)  I tried to build a hopped up work truck ,,  No F'n way..  so any way... it's in a crate waiting for another Chevy...  I aint crap in the Hot Rod world, But I love 'em...  Jojo

Yeah I've got this one painted the original Ford Blue. It's got a Edlebrock Aluminum intake with a Holley 650 4-Barrel. Factory Ford Manifolds etc. I'm thinkin 🤔 about doing a Rebuild on it. It Came factory in my Daddy's 79 Bronco Ranger XLT then was put into mine after I blew a piston ring in mine or something to that effect lol.

On 10/28/2022 at 9:31 AM, tjc transport said:

65-66galaxy for me.

And with the falcon, it is 64-65.

When I was 17 I almost bought a 66 sprint Buddy of mine selling 600 bucks but that was a lot of money to come up with at 17 ….. Making a buck 75 an hour

11 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

Yeah I've got this one painted the original Ford Blue. It's got a Edlebrock Aluminum intake with a Holley 650 4-Barrel. Factory Ford Manifolds etc. I'm thinkin 🤔 about doing a Rebuild on it. It Came factory in my Daddy's 79 Bronco Ranger XLT then was put into mine after I blew a piston ring in mine or something to that effect lol.

Great combination very impressive as far as looks next best thing to triple carburetor set up ha ha.., bob

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mowerman said:

When I was 17 I almost bought a 66 sprint Buddy of mine selling 600 bucks but that was a lot of money to come up with at 17 ….. Making a buck 75 an hour

nope. last year for the sprint was 65. and there were not many made in 65. 

but i hear you on the lot of money. 

in 77 i was offered 17 acres with a 2500 square foot house and 100X50 two story barn for $17,000. 

those 17 acres sold 3 years ago for 4.5million.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

It would’ve been a good investment almost 50 years ago looking at that car I’m sure I could’ve been off with  the year …. Bob

actually, not really. falcons do not bring the big bucks. a 289 4 speed 65 sprint in showroom condition will be lucky to see 10 grand, where a "15 foot" 6 cylinder automatic mustang will easily bring 15 grand. 

1 hour ago, mowerman said:

Prices in this town are way out of sight young people can’t even afford to buy here now . Bob

same here. i bought my place 27 years ago for 60grand. the house across the street sold three years ago for 404 grand, and three weeks ago for 570 grand. 

i was already offered 300 for my one bedroom place with 24X26 garage.