Diesel fuel prices ?

• 2 weeks later...

our local news is reporting a diesel fuel shortage here in N.C.  Is this happening in youre state?  I would think there would be a surplus. the price goes up .20c or more every few days.  jojo

i have been hearing about the great fuel shortage here in joisey for the past two weeks. 

but fuel went down 25 cents a gallon between friday and this afternoon. 

and our local fuel delivery trucks are running two shifts trying to keep up with the demand. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Damn...   I fueled my service truck on thursday,  $5.49..   went back to same place saturday..  $5.69...  I didnt fuel today, i was in my shop, not on the road...  jojo

28 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Damn...   I fueled my service truck on thursday,  $5.49..   went back to same place saturday..  $5.69...  I didnt fuel today, i was in my shop, not on the road...  jojo

Most are 6.59 here on Long Island,did see one station out East today at 6.36..🤷‍♂️

Christ almighty..   I think about all you guys that fill Big truck fuel tank's, everyday..  I can get away with squirting 5-10 gallons, due to my short range of operation,  but It still adds up quickly.  just last week,  3 days of my gross sales, paid for me to operate, the other 2 days paid me...  I made just under $550.00..  for the week..  Oh well,,  jojo

we had to raise the hourly rate $25 to cover fuel costs. and that does not even pay for the fuel used. i am averaging $350 per day when out on rental. 

two years ago before bidet i was spending $150 per day on rental. 

17 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Christ almighty..   I think about all you guys that fill Big truck fuel tank's, everyday..  I can get away with squirting 5-10 gallons, due to my short range of operation,  but It still adds up quickly.  just last week,  3 days of my gross sales, paid for me to operate, the other 2 days paid me...  I made just under $550.00..  for the week..  Oh well,,  jojo

Geeze Joey, I'll pay ya to come up here and put an engine in a truck for me.....I'll even pay for your fuel to get here n back

My God !!!   This is really bad... (stating the obvious) I know that if I didnt own all of my trucks, My house and all but my wife's Tri-Glide..  I would have already been wiped out...  I am just afloat..  Hell I went to buy chlorine for my little 14' pool,  and it was more than doubled in price.  We can't even stay home and have an affordable good time...  I say this as I watch the traffic in and out of 2 drug houses right across the street..( on my security camera's)   They are the smart one's.   no mercy, no responsibilities..   ok, back on topic..  God bless you for the ability to keep it going..   jojo

Too kind Mark T...  That would be a cool deal.. I would enjoy it..  I'm slowly trying to get engines sent to me for rebuilds.  I had 3, got 1 done and gone, 2 left. One is almost done, just waiting on parts, the other is an E-6 2v, for a '60 B Model..  its resto project.  I already did the tranny,   :) jojo

Joey, take the wife on vacation to mexico. while there, denounce your us citizenship and become a mexican citizen. then sneak back across the border. the government will give you everything you will ever need for the rest of your life. 

free housing, medical, car, phone, and weekly paycheck.   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have said that soooo many times... my wife has no sense of humor, ... you are exactly right..  Hell I thought because I am 3rd generation Italian in the U.S., that I would get some freebie's....  I am "Latin"   right??   jojo

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Too kind Mark T...  That would be a cool deal.. I would enjoy it..  I'm slowly trying to get engines sent to me for rebuilds.  I had 3, got 1 done and gone, 2 left. One is almost done, just waiting on parts, the other is an E-6 2v, for a '60 B Model..  its resto project.  I already did the tranny,   :) jojo

I'm serious. I have a Granite and a brand new MP7 still on the Mack skid. I'm never gonna get around to it. I'd say I'd buy whatever it takes, but who knows what's available .  (Harness, compressor, damper....all that stuff

I sent you a P.M.    Maybe 3 times.. not sure, something wasnt right, :) I drove Pumpkin trucks out of Mehoopany, from '98-early 2000..  I ran that area a bunch, because I was sent to New England on 95% of my loads... I used to drive by my (home)  exit in Maine,  when I delivered to Skowhegan, and such.. I pulled a lot of P&G loads from the mill, in the 'Endless mountains' well a year and a half's worth...  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I sent you a P.M.    Maybe 3 times.. not sure, something wasnt right, :) I drove Pumpkin trucks out of Mehoopany, from '98-early 2000..  I ran that area a bunch, because I was sent to New England on 95% of my loads... I used to drive by my (home)  exit in Maine,  when I delivered to Skowhegan, and such.. I pulled a lot of P&G loads from the mill, in the 'Endless mountains' well a year and a half's worth...  

'98 ?  ( lol )  there's a really good chance the truck in my avatar blew the doors off you.  I had a job right down past the drop lot hauling outta a pit.  Small world

Wow!!!!..  MarkT.. thats cool..  Penn's Best was there too, on route 6 I beleive. I used to run to I-81 N a bunch and across I-88 ..  I pulled Jacob's ladder West bound I-90,  only around 20 x's .  I woudnt' mind doing it again..   just because...  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
More content needed

I don’t pay that my attention to the prices anymore but I have noticed it’s around $200 a day more to fill up after   The changing of leadership but it looks like Canada has got it worse not that that makes us feel any better thanks for hooking us up …..(iDIOTS) 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, Joey Mack said:

I've pulled out of p&g a lot. I live 40 minutes from there up on the NY line. Last exit on 81, exit 230. Nice light loads of paper towels and shit paper. My dad did too when he was with Kane outta Scranton. 

With my discount I'm paying 5.69 at the mom and pop I fuel at. Usually about 50c off a gallon