Diesel fuel prices ?

Getting right around 6.8-7.0mpg running loaded both ways to Jersey and back with the 93ch. About 6.2 with the 99 but that has 4.42s so it's not terrible for what it is. Bit over spec'd for dragging a van around Lol 

when you pulled out of the yard there and went up the hill passed the Pumpkin Patch, (Schnieder)  there was a store there top of the hill....  (Gosh) I hope I remember correctly...  I would always get there tuna sandwhich,  and drinks.....      When I worked out of that terminal, I lived in Old Orchard Beach M.E.   My longest commute to work.... EVER....  :) jojo

I have a lot of dyed diesel sitting around, any chemist's out there who know how to distill that dye out? Oh on second thought the tax man's probably watching this so never mind😉

Dyed diesel here is cheeper than gasoline 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

when you pulled out of the yard there and went up the hill passed the Pumpkin Patch, (Schnieder)  there was a store there top of the hill....  (Gosh) I hope I remember correctly...  I would always get there tuna sandwhich,  and drinks.....      When I worked out of that terminal, I lived in Old Orchard Beach M.E.   My longest commute to work.... EVER....  :) jojo

Hmm on top of the hill? Pump and Pantry maybe. That's before heading down the big hill before coming into Tunkhannock. Or there's another on a hill a few miles further D&C they make really good subs/burgers to order not pre made crap. 

P&G is actually pretty quick now live loading. Gate to gate 2hr avg, even quicker sometimes. They call you when your loaded not you having to constantly call them. I like loading out of the plant better than the drop lot warehouse on top of the hill

If I remember correctly,  when i went to the pumpkin patch, just after this store, (on the left), i took a left, and it was down hill for a bit then a left into pumpkin patch,  the pumpkin patch was just a big crappy dirt lot with an office trailer, and a handful of old green and yellow, Builders Transport trucks settin around.. P&G was just a bit further passed the 'patch'..  and I beleive there was a lot of open land back then, not many homes..  Diesel is still $5.49-$5.69 here.. jojo

• Like 1

Sorry,  I'm hijacking this thread,,  I used to eat at a little  place passed P&G just over a bridge I beleive, on the left,  we would bobtail to it..  It was a cool place nestled in the woods, next to a rotten cabbage smelling plant...  :) jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

8 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Sorry,  I'm hijacking this thread,,  I used to eat at a little  place passed P&G just over a bridge I beleive, on the left,  we would bobtail to it..  It was a cool place nestled in the woods, next to a rotten cabbage smelling plant...  :) jojo

I was right across the intersection there haul'n sand...... that woulda been the place for that steak I talk about (or at least one of those deli specials)

I Hope I can hang on..  As it is my workload is starting to dwindle. I am only buying enough fuel to get me to and from the job site. I had to stop hiring a helper, as well. last week I had to buy a socket, nothing special.. 2 1/2" 6 point 3/4 dr. I get them from NAPA, for around $40 bucks. I have many of them..  This time, when I went to pick it up,,   $72.00....  Brake cleaner was on sale, $3.50/can ...  I was paying $2.00 back in February..  In my travels on Thursday, I drove passed some of my customer locations, and I see  2 trucks 'Parked' the grass around them is a foot high..  Too bad...  Diesel, still around $5.59 +/- .10c..  jojo

I know damn well they’re all invested in Pfizer no doubt about it and Joey  are diesel fuel is about the same price here Old Orchard Beach God I haven’t heard that in years by uncle used to have a summer house there the same guy that gave me the bulldog he had a few dollars… bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob I lived in O.O.B. for 10years..     and diesel is now a solid $5.69/G here in Slow'sbury, N.C.  at my usual fuel stop..  I have to go out for parts tomorrow, so I will look again..  I'm going to put on a back pack and ride one of my Harley's..  40+ MPG...  :)  .....  Oh yeah,,, and Cool too..  almost forgot the fun part in all this...   Jojo

On 5/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, mowerman said:

Also I am waiting for a Nevada to jack up registration on electric jobs I am sure that next since they’re not getting their way overpriced  tax dollars from these folks…. Bob

Guess what i heard to day on the news that congress is trying to start charging tax for the music you heard on the radio.

• Like 1

glenn akers

We could definitely be paying $2.69 a gallon, but they want to break our will and send the internal combustion engine to the scrap heap when we say "We've had enough!" and welcome their green new bullshit with open arms. Same with emissions and all the other crap. The EPA has all this DEF, DPF crap mandated even on construction equipment now, not because it makes the air cleaner, but because they can get the vehicles to be unreliable and we will hate them and trade them in on the electric garbage their masters in China are going to dump on us. China, Russia and India will still ruin the environment when we are stuck in Lithium junk that nobody works on. China could build better parts, but then our cars and trucks would be more reliable and we would drive them longer. They make money off the garbage and they are killing our vehicles sooner now. Just go to a junkyard and see how new the stuff is in there. It wasn't hit, people scrapped it because they couldn't keep it on the road. It's planned, folks.It's going to get worse. China started an economic war with us in 1971, and they won it. Our politicians sold us out. All of them. Doesn't matter who you voted for.

• Like 1