Did you know ?

mrsmackpaul

I had no idea about this until today when it came across a Facelessbook page

September 30, 1970 – A sniper fired at a truck hauling 20 tons of dynamite along I-44 and the resulting explosion broke windows in Springfield, 12 miles away. The blast created a 30-foot deep 50-foot wide crater on the interstate. The driver was killed instantly. Teamsters had gone on strike against the company that owned the vehicle a couple of weeks earlier. Three people were charged in the shooting, including two that had been drivers for the company prior to the strike.

FB-IMG-1603237991599.jpg

It would be interesting to see what the likes of teamster grrrrrl would of said about this 

Even more amazing that the police or maybe it was FBI could get arrest 3 people quickly without or the modern technology that we have today 

Even more amazing is the fact with all the technology of today it appears to my untrained eye even more crimes go by with out any results 

It surly is a funny world these days

Paul

• Like 2

I guess now we know the answer to the question, "Who is John Galt?"🤷‍♂️

[Quote]The driver of the truck was identified by the company as John Galt, 48, of Oklahoma City, married and the father of four children.[/quote]

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/10/01/archives/truck-blows-up-driver-killed-3-accused-of-murder.html

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

10 minutes ago, RowdyRebel said:

[Quote]The driver of the truck was identified by the company as John Galt, 48, of Oklahoma City, married and the father of four children.[/quote]

https://www.nytimes.com/1970/10/01/archives/truck-blows-up-driver-killed-3-accused-of-murder.html

A fan of Rand are you??? 

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

I was thinking the same thing🤔

On 10/26/2020 at 2:13 AM, RowdyRebel said:

Aaahhh, but was that his Real Name..???:ninja:

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

On 10/22/2020 at 11:55 AM, hurstscrambler said:

I hadn’t heard of that one, interesting story. Seems crazy to think a labor dispute could get that hostile only 50 years ago.  Andy

Late 1980's in L.I. and NYC the Carters union was burning garbage trucks and beating the owners and drivers who were non union. Even killed one owner in Northport L.I and burned down his shop.

I had it happen on my property in Virginia two years ago. Union "rep" confronted me, climbed on my tank and waved a knife at me and was met by me with Colt 1911. State Police arrested him, Union "rep" told the officer if he knows whats good for him, he'll let him go. didn't work out for the "rep"

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

i had an operating engineers union rep try to close down a sand pit back in 88 because i refused to show him id, and he claimed i had non union drivers in the trucks.. i told him to go back to the bar. he refused and called the cops when i told him if he did not move his truck i would. 

i also called his company  president. 

he had union people follow my trucks knowing they were going to a union job on the nj turnpike. 

only issue was all the trucks were going into nu yawk. 😁

by the way, i had an "A" book with the operating engineers union, AND a teamsters book. 

and all my drivers were teamsters too. 

he got fired, (and arrested for drunk driving) and i got apologies from the union and a go ahead to load any trucks i wanted, going to any jobs i wanted to send them to. 

the main issue with this drunk was he wanted my pit, but refused to put up any money to get it operational. he waited until we put almost 1/2 million into two bridges and 1 1/2 miles of paved roads into the property before trying to take over. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

State Trooper told him since he was a 1/2 mile up my gated driveway and acting aggressive, it would have been perfectly legal to have been shot. 

Of course I also had a load of 95000 pounds of river run he could have fallen under.

Exactly the point I was making.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!