Seeing more cabovers

mrgumby

7 hours ago, davehummell said:

I owned two cabovers and drove others this time in my youth i doubt if i could drag my butt up in the cab and not kill myself getting back out.

same here Dave. 

i have enough problem with fuel tank steps, trying to climb out of a cab over would be about the same as jumping off the top of a 6 foot step ladder. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

15 hours ago, mrgumby said:

Maybe it’s just me but up here in New England mostly NH. MA and RI I’ve been seeing a lot of old coe trucks out on the road  and they look all dressed up    Nice to see the out there.  In the last couple months they seem to coming out.  Anybody else notice this.  Or am I seeing things    Mostly freightliners Pete’s and KW sorry haven’t seen any Mack’s 

I have noticed the same thing here in St. Louis this past year.

2EC7671C-7F85-465A-A228-7A9E5E4C8304.jpeg

5F0F5431-4033-4231-B7E3-635DE9081B09.jpeg

A5029C22-6057-445A-9E6B-A689B2C2B6DF.jpeg

• Like 2

funny you should mention that,,,,just saw a freightliner cabover coming out of LA last night,,,,,late model...but i was kind of daydreaming,,,but i remember thinking,,wow dont see many anymore....thats kind of odd....and yes i also spent around 8 years in them,,,,owned two.....bob

• Like 1

I often wonder where these trucks have been hiding and staying so well preserved ......and somehow ??

I missed the point when cab over Freightliners actually became (gulp) COOL   didn't seem that way when they were 

around side by side with new Superliners and such

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mark T said:

I often wonder where these trucks have been hiding and staying so well preserved ......and somehow ??

I missed the point when cab over Freightliners actually became (gulp) COOL   didn't seem that way when they were 

around side by side with new Superliners and such

drove a late model ,,,,at the time...freightliner cabover,,,,for 4 years 1990 -94....i actually liked it,,,they tell be the older ones were really noisy,,,,mostly rattles...bob

• 2 weeks later...