New here! B60T project

You may want to add some Sound deadener / insulation to the cag, at least the firewall area and floor. THey are a hot with the engine heat in the little cab. Heat is nice here in New England but the B cabs are HOT. There is a spray in type that you can also spray color over that is a sound and heat barrier.  Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 11/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, 41chevy said:

You may want to add some Sound deadener / insulation to the cag, at least the firewall area and floor. THey are a hot with the engine heat in the little cab. Heat is nice here in New England but the B cabs are HOT. There is a spray in type that you can also spray color over that is a sound and heat barrier.  Paul

Check with the Aussie Boys about Lizard Skin.. supposedly better than Dynamat??

Brocky

Dunno if it is better than Dynamat or not

I doubt it but as I said I dunno, Dynamat with the Dynaliner seems to work pretty good to me, I guess it all depends on ones expectations and whether they are realistic or not 

Loudest noise by a long way is gearbox noise once I rev over 1950 revs in overdrive but it is still bearable, but I  have pretty bad industrial deafness and my domestic deafness isnt much better lol

What ever works I guess is what you use 

I filled the inside of the  doors with spray on tar and Dynamat and it seems to work fine

And yes all F and R model doors come apart the same as a B model 

Paul

• Like 2

I'm back!  The shop has been set up for paint as my husband has also been working on his Freightliner.  The Mack has been patiently waiting under her parachute cover - and I spent last week recovering from some bug (negative COVID test, yay!) Tonight I removed the instrument panel and got the back painted (flat black).  Tomorrow I'll spray the Verde Green!  New instruments are ready to install.  Fuel sending unit arrived over the weekend so that will get installed tomorrow and we'll put some 100 low lead in the tank!  (Parachutes for covering up and Av gas courtesy of my pilot/A&P mechanic husband).  One more week of school (I'm a teacher) and we're on holiday break.  I foresee some momentum coming!  When I was digging out Christmas decorations from storage, I discovered plenty of leftover marine grade vinyl from a boat we built about ten years ago.  There is enough to recover the seats - in the right colors, to boot!  WIN! 

Hope you all are doing well.  

Most recent pictures load first: https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Terry T said:

After my divorce the only thing that I wish had turned out different was that I could have kept my B and finished it.  I had chromed the door panels, dash panel, ash tray front, the glove box front & powder coated the front panel of the heater box. Yes that is a NOS just out of the box, no miles, speedo and a NOS just out of the box, no hours tach.

B61 Chrome Dash b.jpg

B Model Chrome Glove Box Door.jpg

B Model Chrome Door Panel.jpg

B Model Chrome Cigar Tray.jpg

B Model Chrome Round Door Panel.jpg

B61 Plated Heater Box Cover.jpg

Thats a lotta bling, small price to pay for ones freedom😏

Paul

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 8:25 PM, mowerman said:

And Paul I love your smart ass comment ha ha me and my wife both had the virus couple of months ago we did all the right things that we got it anyway... bob

Probably Freightliner Flu   :)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Viruses be damned, I'm plugging away!  Last night I put the dash panel back together.  I took apart the speedometer which was full of paint chips.  Upon disassembly it became obvious that the interior canister had been painted and the paint didn't stick!  I got it all cleaned up and reassembled.  Kept it along with the air pressure gauge and replaced the others (which weren't working).  I'm happy with the result!  More frame painting this week.  The fuel tank and all components are up and functioning and there's fuel in the tank!  She's getting really close to a test drive.

Newest pictures first: https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

• Like 2

Friends, 

Talk to me about taking apart the air cleaner!  How do we disassemble it?  It needs a good cleaning and it's not appearing intuitive.  The rubber fittings were all shot, but we got it retrofitted up and ready for scat tube, etc...but it's got to come apart for a good clean.  The attached picture is as far as we got.  

Got the dash painted tonight.

Newest pictures load first: https://sjcreativevt.pixieset.com/skippymack/

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.15.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.16.10 PM.png

Edited by SkippyMack
  • Like 1

At a guess thats as far as you go

Scrape all the dirt out of the oil can on the bottom 

Do not steam clean any of it as it will cook the dirt on the wire,  just wash with petrol or as you lot call it gas 

Dont use water as it might then rust

Anyway thats my thoughts

Paul

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

At a guess thats as far as you go

Scrape all the dirt out of the oil can on the bottom 

Do not steam clean any of it as it will cook the dirt on the wire,  just wash with petrol or as you lot call it gas 

Dont use water as it might then rust

Anyway thats my thoughts

Paul

Thanks, Paul.  So the inner portion doesn't come out?  Does anyone know the specs on oil for this cleaner?  (Type/amount/procedure)