What the F... is wrong ?????

B MACK

9 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Safer apparatus? How so?

Several changes in apparatus design, beginning in 1991.  All Firefighters must ride in seated/belted/enclosed positions.  Other things include availability of ABS brakes, air bags, lower governed speeds, and reflective striping for better visibility.  More recent developments include two related, but different, concepts called "Clean Cab".  One concept removes all items from riding positions that can become flying objects during a wreck/rollover.  The other involves banning contaminated items, such as PPE and SCBA, from being placed inside the cab.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, j hancock said:

Concise debate can be productive but if every argument starts on one subject and then diverges to run the gamut from Abortion to Xenophobia, it misses the mark. 

A sniper doesn't use birdshot.

I don't know, kinda miss the threat of " we found out where you live and are going to lynch you'' from Teamsterboyz.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

I don't know, kinda miss the threat of " we found out where you live and are going to lynch you'' from Teamsterboyz.

Now hold it right there sir. We have a law in this county concerning moderator gag orders. Comply, or we find a good strong oak branch to hang your 41Chevy from. 

1 minute ago, Mack Technician said:

Now hold it right there sir. We have a law in this county concerning moderator gag orders. Comply, or we find a good strong oak branch to hang your 41Chevy from. 

Sorry cut all the oak down to make Fort Bulldog in Virginia

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

I would be curious how many lost their life from riding on the back? I would venture not very damn many.

I imagine that stats for that would be difficult to find on the internet, since most of it happened before the internet was in common use.  It happened more often than you might think.  Just riding there usually wasn't a problem unless the apparatus was involved in a collision.  Guys were thrown everywhere and often run over by other vehicles.  It wasn't just off the back, but on the sides and even guys riding in the "jump seats".  A lawsuit from such an incident led to the demise of one of the major manufacturers back in the 1980's.

Edited by GA_Dave

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Well that is a hardcore leftie move. Ban them for and I quote “... douche baggery...”, continually starting fights with everyone in here by personal attacks and name calling and yet get back on here after we were told in this thread we can have spirited debates as long as it doesn’t dummy down to plain name calling which is what teamstergrrrl gearheadgrrrl and now maxidyne have done. What gives?  I’m absolutely for hearing the other side and having an honest conversation but she dummies it down to calling me and many others every buzz word name in the book, talks sh!t about The US and our vets, HATES,  butts in and gets mouthy about old Mack’s and all other vehicles other than a gti, bmw airheads, and jd lawn tractors. I’m calling you out Barry and KS. This is wrong and you know it.  She is a professional troll who hates everything and nearly everyone on here.  How can you ever ban or have anyone take you seriously?!  

So let me get this straight. We have a leftie mod who has appointed another leftie mod, and they have in turn reinstated several left wing wackjob shitstirrers to the site? Am I following this right?

• Like 2

Not sure where you got your numbers, but the US Fire Administration shows 82 LODD for 2018 and 87 for 2017.  2019 saw only 57, but previous years have been higher.
2016 - 89
2015 - 90
2014 - 94
2013 - 97
2012 - 81

Back in the 1980's, the numbers were more like 400/year.  A huge safety initiative has reduced the LODD totals to those we have these days.  Better health/fitness programs, safer apparatus and improved equipment have all contributed to the reduction. 

I did not find any data to support the 400 deaths per year in the 80’s

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/Emergency-Responders/Firefighter-fatalities-in-the-United-States/Firefighter-deaths

According to NFPA the deaths were between 114 and 138

9 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

So let me get this straight. We have a leftie mod who has appointed another leftie mod, and they have in turn reinstated several left wing wackjob shitstirrers to the site? Am I following this right?

Teamstergrrrl, gearheadgrrrrl and maxidyne are all the same person. She keeps getting kicked off for trolling yet a couple of people behind the scenes keep talking Barry into letting her back on. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 3 weeks later...

If they have to they will put Ginsburg on life support till after the election with the hopes they win and can pollute the court with another left wing nut job, 2 days after the election they will pull the plug and she will either die or finally retire no matter what happens cause she knows she will never make another 4 years. If Biden wins he will never make the swearing in he will lose his mind and the VP will get the seat, we are not voting against Biden it is who he is running with that will matter because that is the person that will be in charge, I still find it hard to belief the union members backs union leadership that advocates sending their jobs to China, and of course if you support Biden then you support sending jobs overseas, he did it before and will do it again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxidyne said:

Mach Tech, we were hosed by Trump- He hasn't asked for the Teamsters endorsement! Check this website https://teamstersvote.com/ . The Teamsters asked the candidates to submit a video and sign a pledge to support basic union goals like supporting pensions and collective bargaining- And no surprise, Trump refuses to sign that pledge.

For your own sake don't jump back into this thread Maxidyne. You previously dismissed yourself on this thread as an act of sound judgement. This is a rant thread. You'll try to apply what you consider logic and get pummeled by a wave of counter rants. Within one page of this the moderators will be back in blocking punches. 

Shifting gears now to overdrive rant......

I forgot reparations to blacks and the whacky New Green Deal! Double disgust right there boys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, david wild said:

we are not voting against Biden it is who he is running with that will matter because that is the person that will be in charge

I have to agree. There's NO WAY they expect him to stay vertical through this thing. If he won he'd immediately turn 78, on November 20th, during the lame duck period. Good chance he'll be asked over to Hillary and Billary's for a Bill Cosby Cocktail and a ride in the trunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

For your own sake don't jump back into this thread Maxidyne. You previously dismissed yourself on this thread as an act of sound judgement. This is a rant thread. You'll try to apply what you consider logic and get pummeled by a wave of counter rants. Within one page of this the moderators will be back in blocking punches. 

Shifting gears now to overdrive rant......

I forgot reparations to blacks and the whacky New Green Deal! Double disgust right there boys.

Pardon me, been about 3 weeks since I last posted on this thread and I'd forgotten what a wrenched sewer you guys had made of it. All I did was post the relevant info- Trump was given the opportunity to screen for the Teamster's endorsement and he hasn't responded. So I'll let y'all get back to bashing firefighters and unions and fighting among yourselves in my absence.

• Thanks 1

What do think of my Caboose, came out of Chesterfield police Dept training center seems some super trooper tripped and fell off and broke his leg and the insurance carrier made them dispose of it,  it is actually going to our radio supplier (we do not use CB use UHF) and he is going to use it for a caboose2.thumb.jpg.ca2be8730283fd34863d574e0bd57551.jpgpool house, it is in great shape and the insides are still all there, bunks,sink and heater.

caboose.jpg

• Like 2

What do think of my Caboose, came out of Chesterfield police Dept training center seems some super trooper tripped and fell off and broke his leg and the insurance carrier made them dispose of it,  it is actually going to our radio supplier (we do not use CB use UHF) and he is going to use it for a caboose2.thumb.jpg.ca2be8730283fd34863d574e0bd57551.jpgpool house, it is in great shape and the insides are still all there, bunks,sink and heater.
caboose.thumb.jpg.10e8836fa87e58f3c6a30ddb2813ed84.jpg

Must be related to the officer who tripped over the curb or the one who fell out of the office chair, both had to retire due to there injuries

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:41 PM, Maxidyne said:

Pardon me, been about 3 weeks since I last posted on this thread and I'd forgotten what a wrenched sewer you guys had made of it. All I did was post the relevant info- Trump was given the opportunity to screen for the Teamster's endorsement and he hasn't responded. So I'll let y'all get back to bashing firefighters and unions and fighting among yourselves in my absence.

Yes, maybe, but it’s how deplorables roll.  🎉 🎈 🎈 🎊 🐘

That said.....I’ll get out the holy  ☦️ water and rosary 📿 if you want to reignite this baby! It’s really close now, 3 months. Facing you in mortal combat is inevitable and, plus, you shouldn’t go three weeks without feeding on good’ol boy flesh.... you may have starved. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1