Iranian R-model

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Fantastic stuff Vlad 

I like you have only ever seen photos of these 

Thank you for taking the time to share this rare bit history with us

Paul

Paul,

It's a real pleasure to cheer your friends when you enjoy something.

Just a part of our hobby you know.

Right at the moment I'm looking at those photos and smiling from ear to ear and a little. And would very like you to participate.

Worth waisting bugger all, isn't it?:):):)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

17 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

Thanks very much for sharing your pics Vlad. 

I find all the differences interesting. Especially ,the steel dash. Its also interesting to see necessities in the cab. Like the water and a heater of some type.

Necessities in the cab is an everyday reality when you travel up to 3000 km from home not always over developed areas and in many cases being having to live in a truck for a few days or even weeks waiting for a load or repair. Many (or the most) Russian truckers do that way of things either. Even with a cost of 3 dished meal of $4 on avarage in a road side cafe.

• Like 2

Those are about 55k Camelback springs. Rears could be a bit heavier.  We have a 1980 DM686SX with a 2 stick 6 speed, topped out in direct at about 48mph before we swapped the rears to hit 62.   I recognize the bolt together torque arm joint and other features like the cone hub caps.

Edited by JoeH
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 12/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Vladislav said:

Looks like still plenty of them in the right neighbourhood. Iranians post a lot of pics on Instagram and it seems they're doing well with old Macks. I have no idea on how they can supply themself with spares due to the sanctions. But trucks run so that means with a help of Allah they do :)

I have a kind of idea roaming over my mind to go to Iran and check the things myself. From talks with people who lived there I learned it's possible. Just not sure their officials would have no questions due to US entering stamps in my passport. And what seems more important is a point of view of US consul in ambassady when I request US visa for the next time after such voyage :)

69165803_721739295010965_4699182520912388985_n.jpg

56317755_2008186789488494_1291190575202208373_n.jpg

67308060_2399028876809869_8069453774643608023_n.jpg

Sanctions are for honest people if your a Clinton or Biden you ship what ever you want where ever you want

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I missed that even for just 100 km. A friend of mine (who made this movie) told me about the appointment with Iranian guy when I already had affairs for the time. So I couldn't get to the party. Interesting that those guys went further from Russia to Lithuania and than Poland. As I was told that R-model was freshly restored and extremely clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I would be guessing the add spares are coming thru a  country thst doesn't have sanctions with the US 

Paul 

Too probably. And to my surprize Iranian drivers told me they didn't have troubles with Mack parts. I suppose they produce many things locally. And also I saw they make wheel hubs for Macks with studs location to accomodate European patters wheels.

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 2