Iranian R-model

On 12/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Vladislav said:

Looks like still plenty of them in the right neighbourhood. Iranians post a lot of pics on Instagram and it seems they're doing well with old Macks. I have no idea on how they can supply themself with spares due to the sanctions. But trucks run so that means with a help of Allah they do :)

I have a kind of idea roaming over my mind to go to Iran and check the things myself. From talks with people who lived there I learned it's possible. Just not sure their officials would have no questions due to US entering stamps in my passport. And what seems more important is a point of view of US consul in ambassady when I request US visa for the next time after such voyage :)

69165803_721739295010965_4699182520912388985_n.jpg

56317755_2008186789488494_1291190575202208373_n.jpg

67308060_2399028876809869_8069453774643608023_n.jpg

Let me know if you go, I'll come along. ;)

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

On 7/29/2020 at 1:36 AM, Outbehindthebarn said:

Let me know if you go, I'll come along. ;)

Ok, I will keep in my mind. But there's an on land road from Russia to Persia.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

16 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Ok, I will keep in my mind. But there's an on land road from Russia to Persia.

Even better!... but I have serious doubts about getting a VISA as an American to Iran.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

4 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Even better!... but I have serious doubts about getting a VISA as an American to Iran.

I wouldn't surprize if they are open for the US citizens. If only they didn't mirror the limitations Trump put on them. In fact you just google Iranian ambassady contact info and make a call.

• 6 months later...

Hello Mack lovers. I used to live in Iran and remember the Macks, Whites, Internationals, Mercedes and Volvo trucks and I can tell you, Mack was the big daddy, the biggest name and most popular. I just saw a video on youtube about the Macks. It's in persian though. It shows how it all began. The elderly gentleman in grey suit at 3:31 is the one who started putting them together. He made his own trucks with Cummins engines first. They also cut the chassies and made them longer, built their own cabins and changed the radiators to bigger ones. In the video you can see the different locations where they put together the trucks. He ordered one thousand trucks at a time. He never went to school btw..  Anyways, everything was American back then in Iran, the police motocycles were the latest Harley Davidsons, etc.. Many American car manufactureres had assembly lines in Iran. Even Cadillac, Seville 1978 but it was not popular cuz it was "too small".
Take care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peCqVTQsteY&t=1962s

• Like 1

Hello Alex. The last link included a time stamp, maybe that's why it didn't work. Here is the link without the time stamp and the title of the video which is in persian. I don't know if it will work. 

The title:
مستند آن مرد با ماک آمد - کامل ترین نسخه

Otherwise, this is his youtube channel and it's the 3rd most viewed video.

https://www.youtube.com/c/bitrun/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Here also an article in English about the man.

https://ifpnews.com/father-of-irans-truck-industry-dies-at-91

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, alex g said:

Hello Bad Apple. Your link won't work for me. What's the title of video? I'll search it that way

Edited by BadApple

My bet is not too many people on here has an idea on the meaning of those 3 red letters on the title page of the video. In fact it's Persian script of the name our forum is all about:)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

out of curiosity...does anybody know what size wheels they were using?...they look a LOT larger than standard US 11x22s or even the larger 12x24s (but that could just be perspective, either way I Really like these, they are for sure unique, and the changes made to them to suit Irans climate are quite interesting, especially the seemingly MUCH larger fuel tanks!)

1 hour ago, Thesketchydude said:

out of curiosity...does anybody know what size wheels they were using?...they look a LOT larger than standard US 11x22s or even the larger 12x24s (but that could just be perspective, either way I Really like these, they are for sure unique, and the changes made to them to suit Irans climate are quite interesting, especially the seemingly MUCH larger fuel tanks!)

The wheels were 12x24 all over the truck and as long as I remember the rear tyres were made in India. Good point about the tanks. As I figured the reason was not really large distances in the country but the cost of diesel. A couple months back I spoke with Iranian driver and he said me that fuel turns out cheaper than bottled water there.

7 hours ago, Vladislav said:

The wheels were 12x24 all over the truck and as long as I remember the rear tyres were made in India. Good point about the tanks. As I figured the reason was not really large distances in the country but the cost of diesel. A couple months back I spoke with Iranian driver and he said me that fuel turns out cheaper than bottled water there.

OH! (so I guess the Cab and hood are ever so slightly smaller than the Standard American types then, that or I'm losing my mind as well as my sight Haha)

and Indeed, I think its a similar story with Saudi Arabia and the other gulf states, Fuel is seemingly cheaper than sand itself over there! 

The last 50 Brockways went to Iran for oil field work. These were ordered before the strike and Mack had to complete the order. They were Assembled by management people in a  Miami FL warehouse. 

• Like 2

Brocky