Taking back our neighborhood

Mack Technician

Ralphie!!!

giphy.gif.8a76e1520f5e7fa957d9ef9180ee5229.gif

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Personally I own a lot of guns but I’m not a hunter mainly because of the time involved and it seems a lot easier to just buy the shit already prepared in the supermarket I would like to try birds maybe after retirement.....best of luck to you all that are out there now...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When we sugar cane farmed in North QLD there was feral deer on the island our farm was on 

We would shoot around 150 a year, chittle deer 

Never thought of using a mallet

Now my boy is grown up and is turning 21 next month I have bought him a 44 Henry as a 21st present 

Turning is kinda a big deal in Australia 

Happy times  with the kids teaching them real things inlife

Cherish these moments as they are over far to quickly 

Paul 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mack Technician said:

Dirty Road Goat! 😡 

The reason we picked “Taking Back Our Neighborhood” as this years theme is because last week a local fella, Timothy Rowe, got killed by a deer. We’re treating every ziplock bagged goat as an act of public service. 

Man that's horrible! Was it domestic or in the wild or car accident?

Edited by Deere Mack

Deer took him off the road. Extrication.

DNR hired the Whitetail Czar, Dr. James Kroll, to help manage the herd. Back in 2012-13. They took his recommendations. It worked. Only issue now is avoiding them on the highway. 

Nearly no does harvested in the north half of the state for a couple years. That brought them back fast.

When CWD (chronic wasting disease) is found automatic baiting ban on that tri-county footprint.

Now anyone can use a crossbow.

Women can wear Hot Pink instead of blaze orange.

Kids can hunt at any age, but have a parent within arms reach. People got mad about Scott Walker pushing it through, but no accidents have happened involving kids. One person bought a licensed for a two year old in protest, lol, maybe to prove a point? Or maybe some good’ol boy gave Jr a .223 bullpup?

Edited by Mack Technician

When we sugar cane farmed in North QLD there was feral deer on the island our farm was on 
We would shoot around 150 a year, chittle deer 
Never thought of using a mallet
Now my boy is grown up and is turning 21 next month I have bought him a 44 Henry as a 21st present 
Turning is kinda a big deal in Australia 
Happy times  with the kids teaching them real things inlife
Cherish these moments as they are over far to quickly 

Paul 

I bought one of those myself the golden boy gorgeous rifle around eight years ago still haven’t fired it no time know what I mean...bob

• Like 1

i picked up an Evil Roy 22 mag a few years ago. a real nail driver. and a pleasant gun to shoot too. 
the 44 mags are a handgun, and Winchester model 94 

You can handload 44 mag for rifle pressures and it will stop just about anything in the lower 48, I should have my marlin ported
  • Like 1

Henry .45-70 or any old .45GOV is my rifle of choice and usually carry it for bear protection.  Never hunted deer with it though, as there wouldn't be much left of the deer.  Been many years since I tagged a deer, but .308 was my preferred tool.

• Thanks 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

my reason for getting the 44 mag winchester was a bear hunt to maine. since they required a handgun of at least 357, i decided the S&W 44 mag i had would fit the bill. and then decided why have 2 different sizes of ammo?  so i bought the 44 mag rifle.....then took a nasty fall and destroyed my left knee and hip, which ended any idea of hunting that year. 

and i never healed properly.  so i pretty much stopped hunting because anything more than about 45 minutes standing/walking caused loss of feeling from hip down

Edited by tjc transport
fix typo

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ooooooooooooooo man that’s messed up..... my wife is a runner as most of you know she just recently acquired arthritis in her right knee I feel bad for her that is her life she still running but has to take it easy plus taking all kinds of home remedies to try to Band-Aid the issue...bob