Wager a guess?

Mack Technician

578E0CB9-C94B-46D5-AF2F-DF12F17E5FF3.thumb.png.9ff71a4c7635d2efdae33fbc78a34ebe.png

EA8CD3B1-C667-49D9-B99E-0F950E16DECA.thumb.png.1687a4572610d7ca01a9098df3e1b3de.png

Just so you know I’m being honest I have my transcript of the conversation.

All your guesses are COMPLETELY UNREASONABLE, however only one is completely ABSURD........ Mr. G!!!! Enjoy your 10 likes!!!

To all participants, Thanks for Playing this installment of “HOW BAD AM I GETTING HOSED!!!”. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

Time to get some generic interior trim screws that will work at the hardware store.  Pure insanity!!!

Are the brands looking at the perception of their business with the message that the price of the screws send to the customer?  Funny that this situation involves screws.

Buying decision time....  We need a new piece of equipment.  Do we go with another VOE which was priced OK but nickel and dimed us on the back end or look for something else?  The business pencil pusher would have fun adding the cost of those screws and other overpriced replacement parts into the equipment's life cycle cost analysis.

What good is it to sell a bunch of trucks or equipment just to have them clog your service bays for warranty work due to cheaply made or poorly designed OEM parts that "saved" the manufacturer money at build time?  Do the manufacturers look at warranty as being free or low cost?  5 cents saved at time of manufacture will certainly cost them more than 5 cents at warranty time.

Realize your story wasn't a warr. story.  Just venting.  

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

21 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

578E0CB9-C94B-46D5-AF2F-DF12F17E5FF3.thumb.png.9ff71a4c7635d2efdae33fbc78a34ebe.png

EA8CD3B1-C667-49D9-B99E-0F950E16DECA.thumb.png.1687a4572610d7ca01a9098df3e1b3de.png

Just so you know I’m being honest I have my transcript of the conversation.

All your guesses are COMPLETELY UNREASONABLE, however only one is completely ABSURD........ Mr. G!!!! Enjoy your 10 likes!!!

To all participants, Thanks for Playing this installment of “HOW BAD AM I GETTING HOSED!!!”. 

Even thou this here is an outrages price  Bro! And  We all think  / know  that  We are being gouged ! Volvo /Mack Are Not The only  thieves Out there ! Nope!  Don't think for one moment KW ,Pete ,freightliner ,Cat Aren't Doing the same thing !   Just imagine the gouge before it hits the dealer ! Then he has to keep his doors open! And They Really gotcha if  you can't buy it a the local hardware or auto  store ! The Captive stuff ! Turbos , orings ,   injectors . bla bala!

Bend over pal ! Would you like it dri or lubricated? 😡

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fjh said:

Even thou this here is an outrages price  Bro! And  We all think  / know  that  We are being gouged ! Volvo /Mack Are Not The only  thieves Out there ! Nope!  Don't think for one moment KW ,Pete ,freightliner ,Cat Aren't Doing the same thing !   Just imagine the gouge before it hits the dealer ! Then he has to keep his doors open! And They Really gotcha if  you can't buy it a the local hardware or auto  store ! The Captive stuff ! Turbos , orings ,   injectors . bla bala!

Bend over pal ! Would you like it dri or lubricated? 😡

10-4....

I've been watching it. On the off-road they never deal in sales volume. As you begin to purchase a first production component it will be at it's highest price. Eventually the service field see's a demand for it, productions increases and manufacturing cost burden decreases......then.... over the course of a year(s).....the item price goes down. That's what has those screws so inflated, no sales. Volvo is going to make their money back, guaranteed! If you have the new equipment the burden is on you to stimulate the parts economy for Volvo Corp. Liebherr is the worst for this so far.  

58 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Thinking the lube would be an extra!

They might give you  national fleet price on the Volvo  lube or you can try the jobber branded stuff ! Less lubricity though ! 😁

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fjh said:

They might give you  national fleet price on the Volvo  lube or you can try the jobber branded stuff ! Less lubricity though ! 😁

That's another thing that drives me batty about Volvo. They sell the blue cans. Blue 55's of their own lube. Only Mobil is dealing it right now. Mobil is making it. I asked mobil when they would make the Mobil replacement oil for Volvo...…….."Never". Mobil brow beats us with "NO MANUFACTURER can legally force you to use their OEM oil to sustain Warranty! You need ours, its as good or better!". Then they turn around and internally captured Volvo's oil. They make Volvo oil, over price it, put it in a blue can and refuse to make a competing replacement "off-brand" oil.  

Lot of unholy relationships form up on the top floor of some of these Corporate HQ's

• Like 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On November 21, 2019 at 9:57 AM, davehummell said:

I just bought two inside door handles and two window cranks and the pins and the spring chrome expandable spacers that hold the pins in I payed over 200.00 dollars one handle was almost 50.00 dollars.I bought them from a mack dealer. The first parts guy wanted the model and serial number had a fit when I said b model I told him same as a r model I had to get a different parts guy he knew just what I wanted.

Triple cities Scranton ? Chris and Christian were fantastic when I was in need of parts.  Primarily dealt with them.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:16 AM, j hancock said:

Time to get some generic interior trim screws that will work at the hardware store.  Pure insanity!!!

Are the brands looking at the perception of their business with the message that the price of the screws send to the customer?  Funny that this situation involves screws.

Buying decision time....  We need a new piece of equipment.  Do we go with another VOE which was priced OK but nickel and dimed us on the back end or look for something else?  The business pencil pusher would have fun adding the cost of those screws and other overpriced replacement parts into the equipment's life cycle cost analysis.

What good is it to sell a bunch of trucks or equipment just to have them clog your service bays for warranty work due to cheaply made or poorly designed OEM parts that "saved" the manufacturer money at build time?  Do the manufacturers look at warranty as being free or low cost?  5 cents saved at time of manufacture will certainly cost them more than 5 cents at warranty time.

What are you guys buying? What application? 

Being on the West Coast with a 66 DM model most of the time I just use true value and Home Depot for all my needs... lol bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

What are you guys buying? What application? 

No actual purchase.  Just me ranting.

Some dealers/manufacturers treat you well in the front door and some treat you well at the service door but it is rare to be treated well at both.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.