Found this today

Yes.  Pretty sure it was a generator, didn’t really look at that end.    They had a v12 Cummins awhile back with a generator too.    Idk on a price.    He was leaving when I got there today and said have fun.   I will talk to him tomorrow 

Thought I knew my Cummins but that is an odd one for me. Or maybe before my time anyway. Looks like it has been inside for its life, I'd say it probably runs.

Both intake and exhaust ports are on the same side. Is that a two valve head not a four valve? Small 672? or 743 Cu/In. What spec. is it?

8 minutes ago, Truck Shop said:

I could be way wrong but it looks like a old 300 to me. 

I got a 300/320 and that ain't it. Plus I don't see piston cooler plugs that a 300/320 would have. Injection pump looks to be a disc not a PT so it is old, old. Intake and exhaust are on opposite sides on a four valve 743. The mystery continues...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AZB755V8 said:

I got a 300/320 and that ain't it. Plus I don't see piston cooler plugs that a 300/320 would have. Injection pump looks to be a disc not a PT so it is old, old. Intake and exhaust are on opposite sides on a four valve 743. The mystery continues...

Yeah your correct it does have a disc pump .

One ping only

13 hours ago, Truck Shop said:

HBIS 600  672 cu.in.

https://www.dieselworldmag.com/diesel-engines/where-old-cummins-diesels-go-to-live-again/

What a cool place! Can you imagine working on old stuff like that for a living?

I’m trying to justify buying it.  Pretty sure I can get it for less then 1800.     Have no need whatsoever but hate to see it gone forever. They estimate there’s 200-300 pounds of copper in the generator.  If I don’t get it will prob be taken apart with an excavator.   

Edited by Hobert62

Well, buy it take the copper off and sell that.  Then take that old engine and find the right truck to stick it in. That’s a win win right?

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Hobart

Before you do anything serious to take it apart, contact user "dieselsteveo" over on the Just Old Trucks .com website.. Peter J's forum... He is part of the Cummins 100th anniversary team and would likely know of someone who would want the complete unit?? 

• Like 2

Brocky