B30 Mack city Delivery tractor

Redcalumet

Hi,

looking at a running B30 single axel tractor. It is a rare city delivery tractor with the concave cab rear and back window. Can anyone tell me the year and any other info from the S/N.

The plate reads :   B30       P       5185 

Is $3500 in the ballpark for one that requires no bodywork but will require cab mount repair? Imagine the concave cab adds to the value.

Thanks  Jerry

3 hours ago, Redcalumet said:

Hi,

looking at a running B30 single axel tractor. It is a rare city delivery tractor with the concave cab rear and back window. Can anyone tell me the year and any other info from the S/N.

The plate reads :   B30       P       5185 

Is $3500 in the ballpark for one that requires no bodywork but will require cab mount repair? Imagine the concave cab adds to the value.

Thanks  Jerry

Post a photo or 2 it's easier to give you an idea.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've never heard of a B30 with the concave cab option, meaning the cab may not be original.

That plate says B30P......"P" means platform, straight truck rather that tractor (e.g. B30T).

We did offer a B30T.

Serial number 5185 sounds like late production.....what's the year on the title?

probably a B46. and a mix and match of parts. every B30 I ever saw had a 2 speed rear, never the long nose and rarely had air brakes and most had the smaller front axle with hubcaps. that truck has the 59 and up fuel tank brackets and air horn mount but looks like older style domed hubcaps on the front. also looks pretty rotten in the floor dog house area. $1500 parts truck tops. drive one of those gutless flathead wonders down the road and youll find out quick they were made to haul furniture and potato chips

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The VIN is stamped on the right front frame rail behind the axle.  The yellow box in the picture shows the approx. location.  The example is B733LS1757.

Tough to give pricing over the phone.  On the plus side, it doesn't look beat to death.  Negative side is a gas motor and the concave cab. 

What do you want to do with it?  Do you want an old truck or do you really, really want this old truck?  A truck can be cheap to buy and very expensive to repair.

B VIN number - Copy.JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I have seen aluminum hoods on B46, 61, 66, 67, 75 etc.

The B-66 would have had an overhead valve EN464.  The subject truck being a flathead, B-46 sounds good but hard to say what all was thrown at it for parts and pieces.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

29 minutes ago, j hancock said:

I have seen aluminum hoods on B46, 61, 66, 67, 75 etc.

The B-66 would have had an overhead valve EN464.  The subject truck being a flathead, B-46 sounds good but hard to say what all was thrown at it for parts and pieces.

I stand corrected then

Welcome. To the forum.  I agree it might be a B46.  I have one with an aluminum hood.   As was said, the concave cab is a negative to most people.  I think they are neat.  You better be skinny though.  Tough to give a value but I would not pay $3500 for it.  We paid $440 for ours but it is in much worse shape.  Definitely get the serial number off the frame. 

Mike. 

Edited by yarnall

I can only imagine after the stories people had about those cabs having no space that the concave one would make a driver stand outside the truck to be able to maneuver into anything... though you could probably rest your hands and just drive with your chest for a while...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

My B-673 is a concave cab and it's cozy but comfortable to drive. Keep in mind the steering wheel is 20" diameter instead of the normal 22" that a standard B-61 uses. You still don't want to drive in a white Tee shirt unless favoring pissing the laundry caretaker off but good however.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.