A holes in Virginia

41chevy

Your problems with Virginia Paul pale in comparison to the money state taxpayers will be giving Amazon to locate there.

Virginia has crashed since Her Majesty lost control of this colony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A five-member panel of the Arlington County Board will vote on whether Amazon will receive the estimated $51 million, a fraction of the $481 million promised by the county. Five percent of the incentives are direct.

Amazon has also been offered a $750 million package by the state that the Virginia General Assembly approved with little opposition.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-headquarters-vote/amazons-second-headquarters-faces-new-blocks-in-virginia-funding-vote-idUSKCN1QX08V

4 hours ago, terry said:

Keep us posted on how it goes, from a V.N. vet, thank you for what you are doing.    terry

S.E.A. class of 1970 -71 and Sinai class of 1973.

We take care of our own.

• Thanks 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

sell to developers and let the wayward town suffer and have to pay for new schools every year to make up for the thousands of new kids, .then the police dept will have to be enlarged as well as the  Fire Dept .And now almost 20 years after the 9/11 attacks the fed is not quite as free with dolling out the cash.

23 hours ago, 41chevy said:
23 hours ago, 41chevy said:

This was my wife's wish and I said I will see it through. Equipment, house kits and tradesman are set to go, everything is mapped out both plat wise and legally. 23 disabled Vets and their families are tentatively  chosen to be given the first homes. I will not take stupid "green" requirements by some power mad town employee. Monday I will be at the local news channel and start my push back and get my vets homes or I will bankrupt the town.

Give ‘em hell Paul. The Veterans of our country deserves this. By knowing you over the years on BMT, I’d say they just stirred up a shit storm of great proportions 

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

9 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Are there any Vet-Friendly state or county level politicians who can help you?

There is no one interested in the state  . . .YET.  Looking at 2 large bill boards to put up thanking the Zoning Commission for denying homes to disabled Veterans. I will be contacting the USMC Veterans Survivors  Housing Services at Quantico, the Iraqi and Gulf War Veterans Association and the Combat Infantry association which I belong to. But first the media.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Contact locals and see how many you can get to show up to raise hell at the next town meeting. And the meeting after that. And keep on filling the town meetings with angry citizens until you get your way! 

It sounds like the start of a great community, solidarity is important for people. Sounds like a neighborhood where families will be very close.

Problem with Virginia is the wind blows Washington DC garbage out to ruin local's dreams.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Are there any Vet-Friendly state or county level politicians who can help you?

One of the problems is the three top State officials (who never should have been there in the first place) are mired down in scandal and trying to kiss ass to gain acceptance.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 41chevy said:

There is no one interested in the state  . . .YET.  Looking at 2 large bill boards to put up thanking the Zoning Commission for denying homes to disabled Veterans. I will be contacting the USMC Veterans Survivors  Housing Services at Quantico, the Iraqi and Gulf War Veterans Association and the Combat Infantry association which I belong to. But first the media.

Well, I am in Pennsylvania, don't know what help I could be but if there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

I am also close friends with a retired USN Senior Chief who lives in Richmond. He has many, many contacts in various veterans organizations. Let me know if I can put you in touch with him, he may be of help. 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

4 hours ago, HarryS said:

...we also have two senators that are only interested in Trump bashing and investigations and of course open borders.

They are now working hard to get  the National Popular Vote passed and also a new state law to disallow and candidate from running in any Primary or Presidential election unless they release 5 years of tax returns, just like N.J and Washington State. Luckily we have enough people to block them.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, 41chevy said:

They are now working hard to get  the National Popular Vote passed and also a new state law to disallow and candidate from running in any Primary or Presidential election unless they release 5 years of tax returns, just like N.J and Washington State. Luckily we have enough people to block them.

...they certainly qualify for the title of this thread.

Edited by HarryS
  • Thanks 1