Getting ready to put new rubber on the front of my B 61. Has 10R22 with rims with locking rings . I have 6 good 24.5 tubeless rims about 8.25 " wide . All I can find are 11R24.5 tires which should be good on the front. The rears are 10 22 bias ply with 1 3/4 " between the two . I think the 11R24.5 are going to be too close . What are my options ? Are wider spacers available ? 

58 minutes ago, eddeere said:

Getting ready to put new rubber on the front of my B 61. Has 10R22 with rims with locking rings . I have 6 good 24.5 tubeless rims about 8.25 " wide . All I can find are 11R24.5 tires which should be good on the front. The rears are 10 22 bias ply with 1 3/4 " between the two . I think the 11R24.5 are going to be too close . What are my options ? Are wider spacers available ? 

There are wider spacers available, also used to use some add on spacers if you needed just a little spacing, don't remember what they were called, about 1/8 or 3/16 thick, they slid on right on with original spacer.     terry:MackLogo:

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Was pretty common here to Tack Weld a bit of 1/4 inch rod around the outside of a spacer. if you needed one a bit wider that what you had..

Glad I haven’t been asked to do that; never would’ve gotten a true rotation!

I had two spacers left over from something (?) and was able to get two more through Pete's Tire Barn.  Any good truck tire center can get them.

The rim clamps came from Fleetpride.  There are different dimensions for the rim clamps depending on what spacer width you have.  Fleetpride may be able to get the spacers also.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

11R24.5 is NOT equivalent to 10.00-22 That equivalent is 10R22.5.

That's if we talk about the size. Moreover, the actual fitting ID of 22.5 tyre is the same as 22 tube type one. The same for 24.5 relating to 24 tube. Once i measured them I was too surprized but that's the fact.

Another story is putting a rim on a hub. If your truck has spokes to ride on 22 tube type rims 24.5 tubless would fit on. Look on the both of them. Old rims seat on spokes by its very center. Tubless rims have additional rim welded in the center. That inner one fits on the hub and the outer (main one) accomodates the tire. That spicing (difference in diameters) allows installing a tire of 2 inch OD larger. So by fitment 22.5 goes onto "20" spokes and 24.5 does on "22".

Overall dimentions are expected by me to be close of 10.00-22 (100.00R22) and 10R22.5. The same for 11.00-24 and 11R24.5. I haven't done sharp measurments and particular tires used to vary of acrtual sizes but in general that rule worked as long as I could find out.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 12/18/2018 at 1:01 AM, ekennedy21 said:

Vlad, I disagree with you. I have a 11r24.5 sitting right next to a 11.00-24 tire in my shop and the 11.00-24 is noticeably larger...

I'm not ready to tell about the outer sizes since the 11.00-24 I have are all deep under snow at the moment.

Another thing I was going to tell is the tire inside diameter, where it seats on a rim bad. Reading figures 24 and 24.5 I expected those sizes to differ for 1/2. But once I made a check my surprize was they happened to be the same. So looked to me .5 inch in the marking was added to notify the tubless type of a tire. But actual fitting size wasn't changed.

Sure the type of tire sidewall is different between tube and tubless setup so no way to fit one instead of another. But just about the geometry it's possible.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012