Width?

tyre size?

Height of deck ?  max + min?

Empty tare weight?

Thanx in advance

cya

Bed width is 10' overall width is 12'

Tires are 215/75/17.5

Deck low height is around 33", raised height around 53", with a ride height of 43".

Trailer tare 50,000 lb, combined tare around 75,000 lb.

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Swishy said:

Thanx for the info n pix

it looks gr8

U sure U have enuff wheels n axles to cart 75t legally?

cya

Yep, can permit 40k per axle line. There are 8 tires per axle. I can scale 269,000 lb as it sits, depending on where you are going.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Looks good but I have to ask what does the sign mean on the transformer?

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:36 AM, m16ty said:

It's from when it was on rail (we hauled it from rail to substation). Rail yards have what is called "the hump". It is basically a downhill section of track that goes into the rail yard. Normally they will just release cars down the hump and they will freewheel into the yard and through the switches to get the car where they want it. They have retarders built into the track to help slow the cars down, but they still sometimes hit pretty hard when they slam into other cars. They put the "no humping" signs on the transformer so they wouldn't let it free over the hump. The transformer had 2 gps shock recorders on that monitored how rough the transformer was handled. The black box you see beside the sign is one of the shock recorders, and the other one can be seen on the passenger side.

The guy that was there from the manufacturer said the transformer could survive a 5g shock without damage. He also said that if transported by truck, you'd have to be in a serious accident to get a 5g shock, but it is not uncommon at all when transported by rail.   

Interesting. Thanks for that and the pic. Bet she handled that load like it wasn't even there.

• 3 weeks later...

I probably didn't get over 15 mph during the whole move, but climbed around a 10% grade from the rail siding to the substation. I think I was in 4th in the main trans and auxiliary in low, didn't even know anything was behind me. Grossing around 250K. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2019 at 11:52 PM, m16ty said:

I probably didn't get over 15 mph during the whole move, but climbed around a 10% grade from the rail siding to the substation. I think I was in 4th in the main trans and auxiliary in low, didn't even know anything was behind me. Grossing around 250K. 

What engine? And the combo looks great, the refurb came out nice! 

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS