Lexington Kentucky maths show

i guess the ATHS doesn't like the Northeast? kinda a shame since i thought Syracuse and Springfield mass along with York were decent shows. Springfield did leave a little to be desired but it seems like they don't plan on returning to the Northeast anytime soon.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

8 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

i guess the ATHS doesn't like the Northeast? kinda a shame since i thought Syracuse and Springfield mass along with York were decent shows. Springfield did leave a little to be desired but it seems like they don't plan on returning to the Northeast anytime soon.

I never attended any ATHS shows until York.  I heard Baltimore was a "disappointment".  I thought York was an excellent venue, better than Des Moines (my 2nd ATHS show).  DM was spread out and seemed disorganized.  Also the hotel shuttle service left a lot to be desired.  Lexington KHP is huge but the layout of the show appears better than DM.  You need to take a shuttle from the show area to the hotel shuttle pickup/dropoff spot.  Otherwise a looonnngg walk.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Joe Mustangs old H.  1693 powered.  Dan said Joe just turned 102 and still gets around.

Just met Stormy from ATHS.  She took pics of truck and my life story.  Time will tell if I make print??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I recall when Lexington Mack took on the Dodge truck franchise, in addition to Mack. They had a row of D-series pickups out front, and a new massive Big Horn being prepped for delivery. The management was thrilled with their new and broad Dodge range.

That Farmall Hoopty is owned by our own Stan Walls.  He still lurks around the internet but doesn't post much.  That's his little blue camper in the background.

P5310676.JPG

• Like 1

Larry

3 hours ago, alex g said:

Here's a couple more. I had a good talk with Bob Spooner. What a gentleman to talk to.

20180601_115332.jpg

20180601_104413.jpg

That’s a really sharp service truck. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

We tore up our swindle sheets and crashed the gate doing 98.  Let them buns roll........10-4!

Farmer and I ran home together.  Nice sunny drive. The roads....questionable.....but had a good run.

IMG_20180602_193215939.jpg

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

Larry

Just got back from the show . Great show well organized . Took a few pictures but my camera broke after the pictures of the Studebakers with the Detroits . Did get a picture of a B 61 with a factory sleeper. Finally caught up with and met Larry Freightrain . 

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

• Like 2

Glad to hear it wasn't me that broke the camera....LOL!!   Glad to meet you Ed.  Also had Baddog stop by this afternoon while I was sitting around waiting to leave.  I think there were a few others that introduced themselves, not just from BMT, but other places that know of me(besides the LAW ;) ).

Larry

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Freightrain said:

We tore up our swindle sheets and crashed the gate doing 98.  Let them buns roll........10-4!

Farmer and I ran home together.  Nice sunny drive. The roads....questionable.....but had a good run.

Yea buddy!  Gotta deliver those potato rolls while they are still fresh!  71 was the worst road from Cincy to Columbus (OH road tax dollars at work - NOT).  I had "air ride" - my a$$ was about 6" off the seat!  Got home and mowed the yard...finished in the dark...forecast for rain on Sunday.  Leaving for PA on Monday morning.

Great time at Lexington.  Besides Freightrain...talked with David, maint1, Brocky, MHfred, and several others.  Enjoy seeing the trucks but enjoy meeting and talking with the people.  Saw mackdaddy in passing.  Also met Hippy 70mackMB and his son.

Larry - great timing leaving Lexington.  I was about a half mile south of you when you entered I75.  Saw what looked like a white/black B with black trailer.  I put the hammer down and eventually caught up with you.

• Like 1

Ken

13 hours ago, eddeere said:

Just got back from the show . Great show well organized . Took a few pictures but my camera broke after the pictures of the Studebakers with the Detroits . Did get a picture of a B 61 with a factory sleeper. Finally caught up with and met Larry Freightrain . 

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Ed - notice the diapers under the driptroit!

Ken

Thank you for sharing the pics of those nice looking trucks guys.

I'm going to put my eye on some of them soon either. And currently getting exited.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2,042 miles later, Rick and l got home this afternoon. lt was a great show with the exception of the rain and shuttle bus problems. Got to meet Freightrain and farmer52 which was nice, but missed a few others.   …..Hippy 

We were coming back from vacation in Florida, stayed south of Lexington Saturday night. When we got on 75 Sunday morning and saw some nice old trucks on the highway, I gave myself such a dopeslap for missing the show.

Freightrain and Farmer52, you got that right about I-71. From Apalachicola Florida to Columbus that was the absolute worst road we saw.

Friend about destroyed his golf cart while riding on the rear of his drop deck.  They had to stop and adjust it.  Then had to repair broken alum brackets when he got home.   Those old solid axle trailers are neat looking, but not pleasant for items strapped on top.

Larry