Lexington Kentucky maths show

I have thoughts of going.   Weather will determine if I actually go or not.  If it is going to rain for 3 days, I'm staying home.   It has been a real fustercluck with ATHS and getting real life information about this show.   They finally put a map up on the FB page about a week ago?   I want to hook up with a bunch of old time friends and this is the only place I get to do it.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I am planning to attend and registered in January.  Like Larry it depends on the weather.  The MH and trailer are at my PA farm and will drive to my OH residence a day or two before the show (Memorial Day weekend) then to Lexington.  Not a fan of driving in the rain nor sitting at a show when it is raining.  Not sure how much of the show grounds will be paved.  At this time I plan to drive to Lexington (from Canton, OH) on Tuesday May 29th.  Please contact me if anyone wants to meet along Route 30 or I71.  I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn.

Larry - no real issues with ATHS Lexington info.  Registration was smooth and received some updates.  Of course they have my money.  Also I will need a temporary parking spot for the Roll Hauler Express in Canton (hint hint).  The neighbors are tolerant of a day or two but not a week.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thinking today I may revise my travel plans.  Investigated driving from the PA farm to Lexington on Tuesday May 29th via I99/I68/I79/I77/I64.  It is about a seven (7) hour drive rather than a ten (10) hour drive via my OH residence.  So Larry I may not need that parking spot after all.

I sent OD Tom a PM asking for any info on this new route.  If anyone is traveling this route on Tuesday perhaps we can meet up and convoy together.  Not sure of times but I plan to leave PA early and be in Lexington early afternoon.

Ken

Let me know if you need parking.  Shouldn't be a problem.  I haven't planned any travels yet.  Looks to be about 5 hrs from home.

Got plenty of emails from ATHS, they are trying to keep you informed to a point.  Got til the 19th to pre register.  We'll see.

Edited by Freightrain

Larry

I been emailing ATHS.  I am told parking will be on pavement.  I sure hope they are correct.  Also I may not have access to the rear of my trailer to unload/load the golf cart in case of nasty weather.  Parking will be tight like Des Moines (so close you could not drive a golf cart between vehicles).  I may consider dropping the trailer in the unloading area.  My plans still are to drive from PA to KY.  Likely return via Canton for the weekend (to mow the yard).

BTW, rumor is 2020 show will be in Winchester, VA.

Ken

42 minutes ago, MHfred said:

Harrisonburg, not Winchester as far as I know.

EDIT: It is the 2021 show that will be held in Harrisonburg.

Fred,

Thanks for the correction.  As I posted, "rumor".  Do you know where 2019 and 2020 shows will be held?

Ken

I'm still flying on a whim about trying to leave my trailer attached?  That way I have power to the trailer.   If it don't work out, so be it.  I'll put the trailer in the unloading lot and still sleep in it.  I have LP, so I'll have hot water and frig power.  Just no 120v for microwave or fluorescent lights.

I get near daily emails from the big house, same basic format letter begging for help and telling me "Everything will be okay".  The only map was posted on FB.

Larry

19 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I'm still flying on a whim about trying to leave my trailer attached?  That way I have power to the trailer. 

Larry,

You should be okay to leave your trailer attached unless you need access to unload your car each day.  I need about 20 feet rear access to unload/load the cart and also space to drive the cart from the parking spot.  I prefer not to leave it sit outside if it is raining.  I know picky picky. B)  I already paid the registration fee for the trailer.

Here is the map from the ATHS site Map.jpg

• Like 1

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Fred,

Thanks for the list of future ATHS show locations.  If I survive Lexington and I am still in good health (and the MH too)...Springfield may be in my plans.  I wonder if the Springfield fairgrounds will be the site.  If so I was there several years ago for the Hot Rod Power Tour.  Nice venue, similar to York.  The wifey will likely be retired and may be her first "road trip".

Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather next week and hope to see you in Lexington.

Ken

Who is going that is going?

Freightrain Larry and I been discussing going and the weather.  Latest forecast is chance of rain most of the week but at least no ice or snow.  I thought about driving my personal vehicle but as Larry said "like going to a race without a car".  So I am going to do my best to drive the Roll Hauler Express to Lexington on Tuesday morning.  As before, I will be leaving the PA farm and traveling I99 to I68 to I79 and I64.  If anyone is traveling that route perhaps we will see each other along the way.  I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn.

Safe travels everyone!

Ken

Blew the belts off going to Quaker Sunday morning.  I 'thought" I didn't have any spares.  Called a buddy and he brought me a couple from Azone(which didn't fit), but the one was enough to run the waterpump.  Good enough for me.  Made the rest of the trip over and back.  No problem.

Last night, while doing some thinking, I had a revelation.   I got into the side box of the bunk and found the spare belt!!!  Yup, when I put the a/c on the truck I removed the second short belt and put a longer one on.  That short belt got thrown in the bunk for "just in case".  Only problem is my mind is fading fast and can't remember chit.   Got new belts this morning, along with TWO spares.  Won't need them now!!!!

Will be fueling up and ready to roll in the morning to meet up with group and convoying down.

Larry

9 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Only problem is my mind is fading fast and can't remember chit.

Practicing for old age?  The mind is the first thing to go but I can't remember what is next. :o

• Like 1

Ken