Parts are out there, but you will have to figure out what will work on your truck. You are not likely to find anything being sold as a part "for H model Mack" .The H model cab is based on the L model sleeper cab. Some L model parts will fit , including the doors. The drivetrain shares many of its parts with B and other models. The engine and transmission are basically the same as a B model for instance, but the mounts, fan, radiator, shifters and other pieces are different for the H.  If your cab and frame are good and you want to put the truck back together, your best bet might be to find another H model for parts. Most H model parts are interchangeable between the 63 and 67. Good luck, and keep us posted.

• Like 1

Parts are out there, but you will have to figure out what will work on your truck. You are not likely to find anything being sold as a part "for H model Mack" .The H model cab is based on the L model sleeper cab. Some L model parts will fit , including the doors. The drivetrain shares many of its parts with B and other models. The engine and transmission are basically the same as a B model for instance, but the mounts, fan, radiator, shifters and other pieces are different for the H.  If your cab and frame are good and you want to put the truck back together, your best bet might be to find another H model for parts. Most H model parts are interchangeable between the 63 and 67. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Thank you very much, looking for a grill mainly right now. Have a few more projects to finish up before I get started, but very anxious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Neat save.  What Steve S above neglected to say is that he has an H63.  I'm sure he will be a great reference for you if you keep posting on here.  Where are you located and are you a member of ATCA?  Mike
I am in southeast Missouri about 100 miles south of st Louis and no I am not a member of ATCA. What is it? Thanks

25 minutes ago, Adam smith said:

I am in southeast Missouri about 100 miles south of st Louis and no I am not a member of ATCA. What is it? Thanks

Antique Truck Club of America

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The truck looks like it has potential. The 1st thing which comes to the mind is you have some ambitions to bring it to life. But I hope many parts were included with it, right? And as other mentioned above you could fill up the empty spots using old iron from different model Macks of the ages. 

Good luck on the project. Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The truck looks like it has potential. The 1st thing which comes to the mind is you have some ambitions to bring it to life. But I hope many parts were included with it, right? And as other mentioned above you could fill up the empty spots using old iron from different model Macks of the ages. 
Good luck on the project. Vlad
Thanks, I am doing what most mack purist will cringe at. I have a 1977 American la France firetruck that I plan to put this mack body on. I will keep the original frame steer and drive axle from the mack. I don't plan to cut or destroy the can in any way. This way I get to have my cake and eat it to so to say. Mack cabover and a 2 stroke detroit. I plan to clear coat the original patina on the truck and make a car hauler for my wife's 36 chevy

Sounds like a plan

The cab on the Mack looks solid on the pics.

If you don't go with Detroit Mack END-673 and many other later Mack straight six engines would fit the chassis as a directy swap. Don't know about the chassis brackets but the originals are too probably there.

I also keep my eye on a H-model but having enough of projects at the moment and also being far away that's not what I'd expect to pop up as a deal in the distant future. Will keep my attention to your progress.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Good luck and make sure you keep posting pictures.    We "I" love to see pictures of other people's projects. 
Sure will, I have a few projects to finish before I start on the mack. This will be my wife's new ride.3401eeb3ff413a91368e1a98d5a67ce3.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...