Alabama

macks in nigeria

It shows some people will choose principles over party. I'm not a fan of Democrats but I think Moore was a nut job. He didn't know how to separate church from state, he thought he was above the law because he was a judge and he was arrogant. In my opinion he should've never been a judge, much less a candidate. 

The two party system has divided and ruined our country. Big money and media decides who gets to run for offices. Hilary Clinton and Vladimir Putin have both been accused of the same crimes. But Hilary says Putin should be in prison for what he's done. Yet she is praised by half the country and Trump is called a traitor for wanting to cooperate with Putin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h67st said:

If Roy Moore is really guilty of what he's accused of, then the voters did the right thing. If his accusers are lying, then they need to go to jail.

DirtyMilkMan, I'm curious where you see the term "separation of church and state". Article 1 of the constitution says that the government shall not establish any religion. The Declaration of Independence specifically mentions God and the Creator. The United States was founded by Christians with the understanding that only a country that recognizes God as sovereign would prosper. As we remove the Ten Commandments and God from our country, we will pay the price.

Amen h67st. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

The two party system has divided and ruined our country.

What should this system be replaced with?  Single party? No parties? Voting or appointment to office?

No baiting, just curious, because that exact phrase was mentioned on a few news shows just this morning.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 minute ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Obviously we gotta have the parties for voting. But why when they write a bill can't they take the best of both and write bills that are good for the country. I know lobbyists have their hands in everyone's pockets and blah blah. But can't we wish?

That's how it used to work, but cooperation seemed to stop about the time Al Gore lost. It went from tense but working together for the country  to out right hatred of each others parties and refusal to even agree on anything at all. Seems they only perform for ratings.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I’ve said for a  long time that if politicians were paid whatever the median wage of the entire country is and was not given lifetime medical, retirement etc etc we would actually get people running for office that truly care and not people looking for a career of leaching off of the public and getting rich beyond most people’s dreams. That’s how I’d fix the 2 party system. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Is there a difference between a pimp and a politician ??

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I’ve said for a  long time that if politicians were paid whatever the median wage of the entire country is and was not given lifetime medical, retirement etc etc we would actually get people running for office that truly care and not people looking for a career of leaching off of the public and getting rich beyond most people’s dreams. That’s how I’d fix the 2 party system. 

Term limits on all elected officials, no holding office for 30. 40 or more years. Two terms and gone.

Limit the campaign funds to a set amount, not 10's of millions from all over the country.

Ties to special interest or lobbyists  disqualifies the candidate.

Benefits go away when your out of office.

Those would be a start.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

15 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

I'll stand in a dark room with my friends and family that I know. There are assholes from every religious denomination. We were raised Catholic and all that but I know people that are Catholic that are thieves and murderers. I have tons of respect for most people on this site and I don't know, nor do I care about their religious beliefs. Be a good person, do good for others, be respectful and follow the commandments. They are a good set of rules for the whole world. For those of you who believe in a God, I hope it works out for you. For those of you that believe when we die, our eyes are shut and that's it, good luck to you too. 

I'm not evangelizing so much as addressing lump summing of religions. There are very obvious differences and if you know them you know why the compass always points North after you shake it.

Liberal artists display a pic of someone urinating on a cross, call it a masterpiece, Christian folk sit by and shake their heads. There is a reason they don't do that to a photo of Muhammad. The artists may not understand scripture, but they understand the difference between religions, guaranteed.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh!!! If your right I'm an experimental human lab rat !!!!!!!

That being said I was majorly trolling the topic, apologies from rat.

I once scanned the Nigerian news to see what was in their news concerning America. All I found was an article about two Black lesbian female pastors who got married in Jersey, pretty lame. IMO...... Mack of Nigeria is either throwing a cat into the dog pen and laughing or he is a closet explorer who is morbidly interested in American politics.

Edited by Mack Technician