Well I went and looked and took pictures

From what I can figure looking at state stickers and calendars in the cab it’s been sitting since 94. It would make a good project just think it will be more than I want to tackle unless someone thinks I’m making a mistake not buying it. $5000 is what he wants. 79 400 big cam fuller 15 spd 4.17 rears on camel back no air ride cab. Well pictures won’t load and I can’t get on Tapatalk 

9 minutes ago, Kansas farmer said:

I forgot to add they said it was on the cover of overdrive mag the truck is silver with black fenders and the top of the hood is black with a stand up sleeper. If anyone could tell me why I can’t get on Bmt through tapatalk it would be much appreciated. imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7

You can send me the pics via email and I'll post them for you tomorrow. I'll PM my email address to you

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember  a  truck  with  similar  specs being on the cover of  American  Trucker magazine. I'll have to dìg it up.   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The only one I found on the cover of Over Drive is this one and it has a Merc.

Truck Shop

92c4a8d82d49e047867dbcd44c63564e.jpg

• Like 1

One ping only

19 hours ago, hurstscrambler said:

Isn't that the R700 from the movie moonfire?  Andy

Yup. It a Valueliner too..

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes, I remember this truck from a magazine cover.  I have the photo somewhere.  I think it may have been American Trucker rather than Overdrive, though.  Where is this located?  That almost looks like a KT Cummins to my untrained eye.  

The truck on the Overdrive  cover was an RS700 and was prior to both the Super-Liner  and  Value-Liner. Especially  in 1970. I want to say the RS/RL 600's didn't  become Value-Liner's until the Super-Liner  was introduced in late '77 (?).  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

18 minutes ago, sodly said:

Yes, I remember this truck from a magazine cover.  I have the photo somewhere.  I think it may have been American Trucker rather than Overdrive, though.  Where is this located?  That almost looks like a KT Cummins to my untrained eye.  

is definately not a kt   sc 350

• Like 1

if that truck is in any where near as good shape as it looks in the pics even with a bad engine  would be well worth a little serious negotiating.  the cam follower box that i can see in the pic does not look to be big enough to be a big  cam but could well be

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...