Saratoga ATHS

I didn't look at the window tag but that black B dump looks like the one that was John Mauro's from NJ and then was sold to Bobby Capello.  It has BC on the grille guard so maybe still is?  I thought that it was truck 3 but this one is truck 4?  

Good to catch up with you on the show circuit.  Congrats on your weekend road trip!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

1 hour ago, Maddog13407 said:

i gotta ask, is the black B81 dump Dave Mauro's old truck without the pinstripping??? if not its a close second. yup seodn pic is my truck, put 450 miles on her this weekend, went to Balston then to the Worcester Sand and Gravel show

I believe it was your father I talked to, he was camping behind your truck which was quite nice I must add

John Mauro, always get him and Dave mixed up. remember when it was all striped up at Macungie, and he use to work it. told me a story way back when he was still workin it, loader driver kept screwin with him, one day he got close and scratched the bumper of the Mack with the bucket, believe John jumped out of the truck and straightened him out, much like my grandfather would have done back in the day......

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

nice old man owned that Detroit powered B, parked right on the other side of me. real nice guy. said he ordered that Claribean hood ''back in the day' after Mack told him a guy in New England had a whole fleet of them with that hood and after he priced all the sheetmetal from Mack, he ordered the hood instead. guess hes had the old girl for quite a spell

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

19 hours ago, j hancock said:

Actually there were two interesting Detroit powered rigs at Ballston Spa.  I didn't take a picture of the blue rat Mack.

This little rig started as a B-42T but has been customized with a Detroit Diesel 8V53.  The 8V53 is fairly rare and usually seen in marine applications.  This truck also features a Clariben aftermarket tilting hood.

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I really like seeing oddball trucks and ones that aren't common. Certainly makes a show more interesting.

• Like 2