Extreme Make over time for Mrs Mack

HaySeed

Gudday m8

RE: What's the Go with the Turntable mounted backwards on the Stacked trailer

Tiz on a bottom ball race turntable to spin round n round

Long story cut short

The authorities sed we gotta alter the regerstation to 'B' double on all trucks coz we pull dollys (jeeps 2 U lot)

we sed they nothing like a B duble then they sed U gotta alter your license to B duble ... just send it in we will alter no charge

the truck reg went up for each truck bout $1500 each year

so me thort if its registered as a B duble might az well join up a cupla trailers

only did one job with that set up cos we were to heavy to compete with every day B dubles

then the authorities sed no need to pay B duble reg cos the dollies dun carry any payload so the reg went back to our normal reg

n we got a hefty refund $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and they sed 'don't do it again' FFS

LOL

cya

§wishy

Edited by Swishy

12 hours ago, j hancock said:

You got a REFUND!?

Thank goodness I was sitting down for that. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Dunno Seed I have run over size loads on road trains in NSW and QLD and never had a drama, but I have always been told you cant run over size on a B double 

Maybe I miss heard but no one has ever stopped me and told me otherwise 

Im about to head thru NSW with a over size load again on a road train so I hope the law man isnt watching 

Paul 

17 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I guess the difference is while some are out reading the rule book and saying alsorts of what I should or shouldn't be doing I have done it 

seeya

Paul

Paul, i don't need to read the rule book either...

After doing this for a living for almost 30yrs I happen to have a reasonable grasp on what  I can & can't legally do..

Nor did I have a Go at You. I just had an off the cuff conversation with Swishy..

nothing more, nothing Less..

21 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Anyway to many fun police here now 

Mate, I've done far Too many "Moonlight express" & "Saturday Night Specials" over the years to think of Myself as the "Fun Police"....!!

Over & Out....... & Good luck with the Move..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Well slipped into Victoria a day or so again after slitting the road train up at Barham NSW 

No issues with
over width dramas on Road Trains in NSW or running a bit late into the dark, so maybe I'm lucky or maybe common sense and good manners gets you a lot further than people think

So no need to mail any hack saw blades at this stage lol

IMG_20180106_080619.thumb.jpg.c5563e88307684518ffbb9457a121a8c.jpg

So took a different route to any other time and spent more time in the mountains than normal 

Had one day we drove for almost the full amount if time allowed and only covered not much more than 500km's , up hill and down dale all day

Met a bloke at Springsure and he was saying apart from all the climbing up and down hills it's not a bad run 

He also mentioned that between Rollston and Injune about a climb that's 10% and you climb for gently for 20 km leading up to the real steep bit but once your over that all is good

• Like 2

So anyway off I go and start down the road and as I near this area some hours later I get into a fairly steep climb for some km until it levels out a bit and I think "well that was no drama"

Then as I round a corner signs start slipping by warning me about a real steep climb and how I'm gunna need a low gear in  a truck or a bus

Now I have never seen signs like this for climbing a hill before, I have seen plenty for dropping down a hill !!

So this gets me to thinking this is gunna be steep 

So I do my normal thing in situations like this get into a nice low gear early on a stick with it till the top 

So drop her into 1st low range and Mani's this steep but Mrs Mack takes it all in her stride, as we round a corner there's a very unwelcome site stopped on the hill

image.thumb.png.b9c00c79394e9d18b95777fde4bc57fb.png

so there was a roadtrain Jack knifed on the road with trailers and stuff everywhere 

A over size load is coming down the range so I back off and let him thru first and then into it as best as we can and as we crawl past on the wrong side of the double white lines because if. I stopped I would never lift off

As I pass I can see old mate is trying lift off as and is just wheel spinning on the bitumen  and smoke is coming off the drive tyres big time

image.thumb.jpeg.87235011d6294543cfb76e7b7c6369bb.jpeg

So we climb to the top of the hill pull up hitch a ride back in ute

Turns out the computer had sweated during the climb

(guessing the computer got to hot) 

Anyway never gunna be a problem for Mrs Mack

Some more useless info 

crossed the Hay plains and it's reported to be the flattest spot on earth and is the only spot that you can see the curvature of the earth whilst standing on the earth

• Like 2

Wow! Sounds like one tooo steep climb for regular truck traffic. How could you wait allowing the oversize to pass and then start driving? Did you just continue moving slowly during that? Or backed up to some flatter spot behind you? Sounds like there would be a trouble if anybody shows up in the front lane at the time you was passing the wreckage.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Mrs

Gudday m8

Gr8 pix keep m cumm n

az ewe kno n eye kno

with mack U got plenty of gearing to get the job dun

the only downfall iz traction

az all can suffer with th@ problem

bin bit warm down here ............... the road haz bin meltin

r0_0_516_692_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

cya

§wishy

Edited by Swishy

9 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wow! Sounds like one tooo steep climb for regular truck traffic. How could you wait allowing the oversize to pass and then start driving? Did you just continue moving slowly during that? Or backed up to some flatter spot behind you? Sounds like there would be a trouble if anybody shows up in the front lane at the time you was passing the wreckage.

Vlad I just backed of the pedal a fare bit and let her crawl along gently because if I stopped I would have been in a real mess 

Something happened like this one day coming into Emerald when Mrs Mack jumped out of high range first with 90 ton plus gross and I just lifted off in deep reduction at not much more than a idle and we still tore bitumen up 

Also broke a bolt out of the carrier bearing support that time 

End of the day even with only 320 HP damage happens pretty easy 

Took more photos but having trouble loading them up

Edited by mrsmackpaul

Sounds like adventures you were more lucky if avoided. 90 ton gross is way out of my imagination. Any thing down the road here is restricted 40 metric ton.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012