Extreme Make over time for Mrs Mack

A perfect match for Mrs Mack. Given your capabilities Paul, you could open the front, wider and down to the floor to make it like a walk thru and lower the bunk so it will be very easy to get in and out. Leave the outside original but convert the inside to make it enjoyable and comfortable.

The entry can be the square opening or the lower opening the V shape that Mack had on the valueliners and superliners.

this the V style design I was referring to that Mack used for the R model cabs, our R model V/liner has the wider square opening, I think all the Bicentennial's have the V shape opening. with the bigger opening you can open under the bunk into the cab and use it for personal storage and still have the original classic sleeper cab.

your sleeper cab will look wonderful, congratulations

129909945_2985294735038847_3458341702814390522_n.jpg

A19868 (4).JPG

I haven't really thought to much about how I would fit it to my Mrs Mack with the winch and all

I'm thinking of a cut out like Australian sleepers had for the air start tank

Or maybe something very different 

I have always had a hankering for a R700

Would you believe the fella I bought it from had 5 V8 Macks I think 

2 x R 700's V8 Macks

3 x F model with V8 Macks

1 x F model with a V8 detriot 

I didn't take any photos as I  gotta respect people's privacy 

A very easy to get along with bloke that claims he isn't a Mack man

So much cool stuff in this blokes yard

Anyway, lots to think about,  always thought a "Star light Motel" would be the go for above the winch

Something a little like this

FB_IMG_1709633432661.jpg.4f96745e0268864b6d2e3bb1220f8ccb.jpg

Paul 

• Like 2

Thanks for the Trailer sleeper pictures ! Unreal what those guys did back in the day compared to today’s trucking. The picture I have ( when I find it) had a small door in the left front, I’m unsure how they got in ,but it shows a guy laying in it with the door open and the driver standing beside it, I think it had some sort of a flag that if he needed to stop the driver could see it in the mirror. I even heard they tried a suspended rope system in the nose of the trailer at one point. I have never seen a picture of the one under the trailer! These all make the 24 or 28 bunks look like a King Size! 

I have seen a picture of, I think (???) it was a COE car hauler, where the sleeper was under the passenger seat and went lengthwise with your feet out over the engine...

• Like 1

Brocky

11 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

this the V style design I was referring to that Mack used for the R model cabs, our R model V/liner has the wider square opening, I think all the Bicentennial's have the V shape opening. with the bigger opening you can open under the bunk into the cab and use it for personal storage and still have the original classic sleeper cab.

your sleeper cab will look wonderful, congratulations

129909945_2985294735038847_3458341702814390522_n.jpg

A19868 (4).JPG

that's where the name 'walk -in - sleeper " started .. 

• Like 1

I have never seen any of those old deals. Thanks for the post. I haven’t really spent much time as a team Driver just a short while didnt care for that at all. No I don’t care for any of it at all ha ha 23 more weeks…. Bob

• Like 1

It’s kind of hard to imagine they thought about team drivers before they thought about anywhere to put them. Wow. Hate to  put a negative spin just goes to show this  nation is really never cared about anybody. … bob