A gaggle of Superliners

mrsmackpaul

I've asked this question before... but why do the Aussie trucks route their single stacks over to the left of the cab? The exhaust manifold is still on the right... is it just to keep the sound/smoke away from the driver?

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I've asked this question before... but why do the Aussie trucks route their single stacks over to the left of the cab? The exhaust manifold is still on the right... is it just to keep the sound/smoke away from the driver?

My best guess is to put the exhaust to the curbside of the road.

23 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

A question for you all as you all are a lot smarter than me.

What do you call a collection of Superliners??? A gaggle, a mob or perhaps a herd or flock? Maybe a flotilla or perhaps a platoon ?????

Paul

Paul, the dictionary says the word gaggle can be used to describe a flock of geese. But the only time I heard the word used in my lifetime was in how World War 2 pilots in the European Theater of war described the sight of a number of enemy fighters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

mainly for noise I reckon

Paul

Are there  more left handed and ambidextrous people in OZ and the United Kingdom than in the U.S.? I've never driven a right hand drive vehicle and never used  my left hand for shifting except when splitting a compound two handed! I guess it would be the same for an Aussie or a Brit driving a left hand drive vehicle for the first time!

6 hours ago, BillyT said:

Are there  more left handed and ambidextrous people in OZ and the United Kingdom than in the U.S.? I've never driven a right hand drive vehicle and never used  my left hand for shifting except when splitting a compound two handed! I guess it would be the same for an Aussie or a Brit driving a left hand drive vehicle for the first time!

When I was a young fella some mates went to the US and onto Europe for a holiday of 66 or 9 months I dunno exactly I didnt go 

I asked them the same question about using the wrong hand to change gears 

When they got to LA they bought a old wagon for their trip across the US and one of the blokes was doing racing changes and next thing all were and one bloke jumps in the drivers seat for his turn and goes to change gears but opens the door instead 

Dunno how true this it but all sounded good when I was young and having a few beers with them when they got home 

Paul