Another superliner rebuild

20 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Bring the pics up in the computer; click select all (top right); click save to and then pick where you want to save to (create a separate folder from the original) and it should give you an option of saving in original format or a smaller format.

Thanks, seems to be helping. Some times not so tech savy, lol. Another pic of E-6 mount. 

006.JPG

19 hours ago, cstaples said:

Did you do anything to prevent the rails from rusting for the next caretaker? The best thing I've seen is drill and tap the outer and add grease fittings every foot or so. Then you can pump oil or grease between the rails.

Do people actually do this?    Is there enough space between the rails to get grease to move.   Seams like it would work, messy on a hot summer day, but would work.  

I have heard of that, never have really seen it done though. Have also seen guys silicon the rails to keep anything from getting in, but as I've seen with silicon in other applications , it dries up and comes loose , but I have no intention of running it in the winter, so it should be fine, right ?

• Like 1

Do not use silicone type sealants on any type of automotive paints as it will eventually cause the paint to blister. If you want to try sealing it use a body panel seam sealer like these: http://www.eastwood.com/autobody/seam-sealer.html?SRCCODE=TXT00040&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&creative=3321477025&device=c&matchtype=b

I would just use a good quality epoxy paint to seal it up. Given the light use the truck will get I don't think it will ever rust out.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my progress, all suspension and axles in and plumbed, hoist plate and hitch/light bar done, got air cleaners mounted and hood back on. Primed hood a week ago and had some gun issues, so we wet sanded back done and will be repriming it and priming the cab today. Hope for it to be orange by end of weekend !

015.JPG

016.JPG

013.JPG

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Wow!

Shame on me I forgot to check the thread out.

Thank you for spotting the pics of the hood mounts. It was not a smoked gun deal for me but a question I wanted to learn for a while. Now it's clear and the last shots you posted helped either.

Glad to see more progress and pretty sure the look of it will be almost heart-breaking after the paint is on.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012