11 miles of straight road

B MACK

Took a little road trip to a state I enjoy driving in.  Not snow capped, but mountains every way you look. Topped this hill and the highway is totally straight till it goes over the hill in the distance.... 11 miles. And not much traffic. It's not the loneliest highway in the US but close.      Any guesses?

11 miles US6.jpg

• Like 1

Somewhere in Nevada?  I thought it might be the Arcos/craters of the moon cut across in ID but it doesn't look right. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

11 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Somewhere in Nevada?  I thought it might be the Arcos/craters of the moon cut across in ID but it doesn't look right. 

BINGO... Yes, Nevada. US hwy 6 a little east of Tonapah.

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

lotta places here look like that lol.bob

Yes, with the mountain views which what ever way you look and the long straight roads.  I enjoy driving in your state in a big truck or just on a trip in my pickup. Good highways, nice scenery  and very little traffic..

Went on motorcycle run out there one time with a bunch of other guys we had a blast it was 4th of July nice people along the way small towns old timers like to talk saw a nice fireworks display good good time I think they used it in vanishing point

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I know a part of 50 that I travel alot little town if haven't nevada was in a Clint Eastwood movie don't remember which one but I was watching and I recognized the section was pretty excited bob

13 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I know a part of 50 that I travel alot little town if haven't nevada was in a Clint Eastwood movie don't remember which one but I was watching and I recognized the section was pretty excited bob

Is the "shoe" tree on route 50?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Wot normally runs next to a road ................ iz a railway line

not only but also

next to the longest straightest road is the the longest straightest rail line

The Trans-Australian Railway crosses the Nullarbor Plain of Australia from Port Augusta in South Australia to Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. It includes a 478 kilometre (297 miles)stretch of dead-straight track, the world'slongest, between the 797 km post west of Ooldea and the 1275 km post west of Loongana.

l_51401912_trans%20atlantic%20railway%20

LOL

so there .......LOL

cya

§wishy

On 7/20/2016 at 4:19 PM, mrsmackpaul said:

Swishy I was thinking of the same road but didnt wanna rain on their 11 mile parade LOL your way off the Melways there mate 

Paul

Our longest is in North Dakota, Highway 46 from Hickerson to Streeter, is supposedly the straightest of them all -- plumb line straight -- the longest straight road in America. It stretches across 129 miles of north Dakota prairie from Hwy 30 in the west to a nameless county blacktop just past I-29 in the east.

Route 10 in Saudi Arabia is dead straight for 165 miles

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They say there's a straight stretch on some road in West Virginia that's almost half a mile long, i've never actually seen it though.

This is on rt. 30 in Pa. though, somewhere between rt. 219 and Bedford. I don't know how far it is, but it's a pretty good ways. I was driving a Columbia when the red truck was broke down here.

DSCN5954.jpg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.