Mack Valueliner

Have been looking for a dump truck for sometime. Something  I could  use on the farm.  Found this in a local farm publication.  RS688LST  1985  550,000 mi,  5540 mi on new engine.,  RR 9 speed trans. Do not know what engine. Was a road tractor. Asking $5000.  I think I will pass on it. More truck than I need. Any thoughts.

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

• Like 1

It was advertised in the Country Living monthly publication. The bed is 12 ft. Owned for about 15 yrs. by a farmer who is downsizing 1000 to 200 acres.  The front end has been recently rebuilt drives straight. some wear on rear tires. Phone # 937 492 1930. Located near Sidney OH.

On 12.07.2016 at 2:34 AM, kscarbel2 said:

It's a Macungie-built Value-Liner (3-piece grille). That's an E6-350(R) 4-valve engine. The power passenger window (electric) is factory. It has an ST34 parabolic taperleaf rear suspension, ideal for a lightweight tractor, but wrong for a tipper.

If the truck was originally red, it could have been an Amoco unit. The horn button will reveal.

Wonder what did Macungie-built Value Liner have of the frame?

The straight rail design as on the Western trucks or the Eastern R-model frame with wider spread at the front?

From the pics above it seems to me more like Western RS/RL rails.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

7 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wonder what did Macungie-built Value Liner have of the frame?

The straight rail design as on the Western trucks or the Eastern R-model frame with wider spread at the front?

From the pics above it seems to me more like Western RS/RL rails.

RS would be a straight frame.

• Like 2