Trump

david wild

Well I had to listen to my wife this morning on Streep's  "wonderful" speech and in particular the comment about him mocking the disabled

The sad fact is, the Donald then Tweets he never mocked the guy!  Or so its been reported that is what he said.

You did Donald.  I may be a "deplorable", I may be old, but my memory is NOT that bad - yet!

Kellyanne - If in fact he did say that, you have to do something.  WTF is this guy thinking?  He continues to make it tough for those who voted for him in spite of some of his completely dumb ass comments.

• Like 2

We already rehashed this long ago, he never met the guy in question and his imitation was concerning something else, the media put the 2 together to make a story as was told on the right sided news media, wasn't there so I cannot really condemn him on that, but if it came from the left then I would put it in the BS basket

5 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Well I had to listen to my wife this morning on Streep's  "wonderful" speech and in particular the comment about him mocking the disabled

The sad fact is, the Donald then Tweets he never mocked the guy!  Or so its been reported that is what he said.

You did Donald.  I may be a "deplorable", I may be old, but my memory is NOT that bad-yet!

Kelly Anne-If in fact he did say that, you have to do something.  WTF is this guy thinking?  He continues to make it tough for those who voted for him in spite of some of his completely  dumb ass comments.

You can support him as the candidate you voted for but that doesn't mean you have support support everything that comes out of his mouth. I would suggest not trying to reconcile or explain everything Trump says (or tweets) or you'll find yourself dizzy!

I missed the previous discussion about the event but I would be curious to know how people think that the man exclusively responsible for covering Trump for The Daily News never met...not even once. I guess one is liar? Or maybe the other is just going senile with old age?

• Like 1

This video gives me the impression that Trump indeed imitated the handicapped Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter (Serge F. Kovaleski), who suffers from arthrogryposis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthrogryposis).

That Mr. Trump would deny the event is troubling, and his action beneath the dignity of the presidency.

Leading the world's greatest country, I myself do hold our presidents to a higher standard. Trump's action was not indicative of the mature behavior reasonably expected from a presidential hopeful.

• Like 1

did this happen? .......YES!        should this have happened .....NO !  was this one of Trumps better moments NO!  Should this be rehashed ?.....I  don't think so! The left will only capitalize on the event and drive the wedge a little deeper,....... we need to move on and get this country back on track! as for the incident I would hope Donald reaches out to this guy in the near future and makes this right with the man!  ( charitable donation or such in the mans name)     

He needs to learn that he can no longer converse as if he is telling a story to his golf buddy at the 19th hole !

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gearhead204 said:

did this happen? .......YES!        should this have happened .....NO !  was this one of Trumps better moments NO!  Should this be rehashed ?.....I  don't think so! The left will only capitalize on the event and drive the wedge a little deeper,....... we need to move on and get this country back on track! as for the incident I would hope Donald reaches out to this guy in the near future and makes this right with the man!  ( charitable donation or such in the mans name)     

He needs to learn that he can no longer converse as if he is telling a story to his golf buddy at the 19th hole !

What is left. What is right? What is a "lib"?

The terms I use are right......and wrong.

I myself expect the leader of our country to exemplify the ethics, morals and values that make our country the greatest in the world.

Be it a company head or country leader, in order to achieve success, one must be a uniter of people. Because we can't move ahead unless we work together as a team.

Mick Jagger was right, in that everyone can't always get what they want. But a leader of people can still win broad support while explaining in a professional manner commensurate with their position that we must strike a balance.

A leader is a person that the vast majority of the country wants to rally behind (e.g. Franklin Delano Roosevelt).

A leader doesn't sling muck at an actress who criticizes him. He/she instead stays focused. As president, there will always be people who disagree with you. Are you going to spend half your time on twitter ridiculing these American's freedom of expression, or rise above the noise and focus on being president? If one focuses on being a leader, and does an exemplary job, criticism will be minimal and accolades many,

lets just say that.......... said actress and I don't get along (regarding  alar ) and her big mouth in 199i, she cost our valley Millions of dollars, farmers took the blow back, when it should have been the Dept. of Agriculture !   

Couldn't figure out how to post  the article from face book but if your interested : NEW YORK TIMES   "Apple growers bruised and bitter after alar scare " by  Timothy Egan  published on 7/09/ 1991  

Edited by gearhead204

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

Yes Trump screwed up big time, but I am always amused that all were quiet about that bit of stupidity when it originally happened. Same as all the women Trump "attacked" were quiet until he was ahead of Hillary in the campaign.  Same as all the up roar about how terrible the Russians were to try to influence our election, when Obama did worse in  the 2016  Israeli  national election.  Biden telling a man confined to a wheel chair to stop being lazy and stand up so we can see you, wasn't as bad? The media laughed that off as comical.

The last President with social skills, tact, humility, poise, charm and the ability to unite was Ronald Reagen.    Paul

Speaking of Biden, it wasn't the same. Biden wasn't mocking his friend Chuck Graham (D-Mo), where as Trump was blatantly mocking the handicapped reporter.

As for influencing elections, both countries have been actively doing it for decades. And then there's orchestrated regime changes.

32 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Speaking of Biden, it wasn't the same. Biden wasn't mocking his friend Chuck Graham (D-Mo), where as Trump was blatantly mocking the handicapped reporter.

As for influencing elections, both countries have been actively doing it for decades. And then there's orchestrated regime changes.

It's only a big deal because Hillary lost and Obamas legacy is on the line.

Being in a wheel chair and being called out in public, how does anyone know how Mr Graham felt about his disability? Being called out and joked about by a so called friend. I certainly don't. Biden did it for a laugh, IMO that is worst, Trump did it because he's dumb.  Only a crass, stupid un-thinking person would do what either Trump or Biden did. No excuses.

White House Spokesman said it was un forgivable that the Russians attempted to rig our election , after Obama attempted to rig Israels. Can't condemn one and condone another

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

So I thought about this last night, if the pen is mightier than the sword then handicapped or not if you are going to attack via your pen then don't complain when attacked by the sword, since when is being handicapped  a excuse, most handicapped I know our proud to take on a fight and stand (or sit) toe to toe, if you want equal treatment don't run and hide behind your handicap when it so suits you, this man took on Trump, Trump responded in Trump fashion, it's a  new world, want a wimp for president vote for one, I like the fresh air coming to the white house, I piss of the world because I say it like it is, I don't care anymore, in fact our website will be going back up soon and it will tell liberals we don't want their biz, we don't want their money and their BS. We want to work with people that are behind Trump and believe in America, you paly with something that bites expect to get bitten.  I hope Trump pisses of a few more of these so called perfect people, remember once upon a time even your grandmother may have said things in the heat of passion that she would never normally say or you might not be here.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, david wild said:

So I thought about this last night, if the pen is mightier than the sword then handicapped or not if you are going to attack via your pen then don't complain when attacked by the sword, since when is being handicapped  a excuse, most handicapped I know our proud to take on a fight and stand (or sit) toe to toe, if you want equal treatment don't run and hide behind your handicap when it so suits you, this man took on Trump, Trump responded in Trump fashion, it's a  new world, want a wimp for president vote for one, I like the fresh air coming to the white house, I piss of the world because I say it like it is, I don't care anymore, in fact our website will be going back up soon and it will tell liberals we don't want their biz, we don't want their money and their BS. We want to work with people that are behind Trump and believe in America, you play with something that bites expect to get bitten.  I hope Trump pisses of a few more of these so called perfect people, remember once upon a time even your grandmother may have said things in the heat of passion that she would never normally say or you might not be here.    

David, I think we can all agree that we all "believe in America". For that specific reason, we have these deep and insightful discussions. Simply put, we care.

We get many viewpoints in these discussions, which for me, broadens my horizons.

But at the end of the day, we all passionately believe in America. For that reason, we are all troubled (to put it far too mildly) at the problems we see today.

I myself enjoy a person who calls a spade a spade. Everyone here knows that. But Trump shouldn't use his time making fun of a handicapped person, or lambasting a celebrated actress. C'mon, be professional. We elected him to work on the real issues our country is facing, and that's a long list. Of course he doesn't enter office until the 20th, but one would assume he would/should be putting in long days this month ramping up to day one.

• Like 2

How the Trump dossier came to light: secret sources, a retired spy and John McCain

The Guardian  /  January 12, 2017

What began as opposition research during the Republican primary slowly grew from a covert investigation into an extraordinary but unverified global story

The extraordinary but unverified documents published on Tuesday on Donald Trump’s ties with Moscow began life as a piece of opposition research, which has become as much a part of US politics as yard signs and colored balloons.

There is a small industry of research and investigative firms in Washington, typically staffed by a mix of former journalists and security officials, adept at finding information about politicians that the politicians would rather stay hidden. The firms often do not know who exactly is hiring them; the request could come from a law firm acting on behalf of a client from one of the parties.

In this case, the request for opposition research on Donald Trump came from one of his Republican opponents in the primary campaign. The research firm [Fusion GPS] then hired one of its sub-contractors [London-based Orbis Business Intelligence operated by ex-MI6 officer Christopher Steele] who it used regularly on all things Russian: a retired western European former counter-intelligence official, with a long history of dealing with the shadow world of Moscow’s spooks and siloviki (securocrats).

By the time the contractor had started his research, however, the Republican primary was over. The original client had dropped out, but the firm that had hired him had found a new, Democratic client. This was not necessarily the Hillary Clinton campaign or the Democratic National Committee. Opposition research is frequently financed by wealthy individuals who have donated all they can and are looking for other ways to help.

By July, the counter-intelligence contractor [Orbis] had collected a significant amount of material based on Russian sources who he had grown to trust over the years – not just in Moscow, but also among oligarchs living in the west. He delivered his reports, but the gravity of their contents weighed on him. If the allegations were real, their implications were overwhelming.

He delivered a set to former colleagues in the FBI, whose counter-intelligence division would be the appropriate body to investigate. It is believed he also passed a copy to his own country’s intelligence service, but it felt constrained in what action it could take and left it up to the Americans to do their own investigation and draw their own conclusions.

As summer turned to autumn, the investigator was asked for more information by the FBI but heard nothing back about any investigation. The bureau seemed obsessed instead with classified material that flowed through a private email server set up by Clinton’s aides. The FBI’s director, James Comey, threw the election into a spin 11 days before the vote by announcing his investigators were examining newly discovered material.

The former intelligence official grew concerned that there was a cover-up in progress. On a trip to New York in October, he was persuaded to tell his story to David Corn, the Washington editor of Mother Jones, who first reported the existence of the material on 31 October.

The FBI however continued to refuse to comment on the issue, despite reports that it had requested and perhaps acquired a warrant for further investigation from the Foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court. The silence was not altogether surprising. The FBI counter-intelligence division, headquartered in Washington, is extremely secretive, much more so than the New York field office, which had strong links to former prosecutor and mayor Rudy Giuliani, who was by then working for Trump. The threat of leaks from New York about Clinton emails had reportedly pushed Comey into making his October surprise announcement.

In mid-November, the documents took another route into Washington that ultimately led to them being mentioned in the joint intelligence report on Russian interference that was delivered to President Obama and President-elect Trump.

On 18 November, the annual Halifax International Security Forum opened in the Canadian city, bringing together serving and former security and foreign policy officials from around the world.

Senator John McCain was there and was introduced to a former senior western diplomat [Sir Andrew Wood] who had seen the documents, knew their source and thought him highly reliable. McCain decided the implications were sufficiently alarming to dispatch a trusted emissary, a [unnamed] former US official, to meet the source and find out more.

The emissary hastily arranged a transatlantic flight and met the source at the airport as arranged. The meeting had a certain cold war tradecraft to it, as he was told to look for a man with a copy of the Financial Times. Having found each other, the retired counter-intelligence officer drove the emissary to his house, where they discussed the documents and their background.

The emissary flew back within 24 hours and showed McCain the documents, saying it was hard to impossible to verify them without a proper investigation. McCain said he was reluctant to get involved, lest it be perceived as payback for insulting remarks Trump had made about him during his rambunctious campaign.

However, on 9 December, McCain arranged a one-on-one meeting with Comey, with no aides present, and handed them over.

“Upon examination of the contents, and unable to make a judgment about their accuracy, I delivered the information to the Director of the FBI. That has been the extent of my contact with the FBI or any other government agency regarding this issue,” the senator said in a statement on Wednesday morning.

It is not clear what underpinned the FBI’s decision to include a summary of the documents in its highly classified briefing to the president and president-elect and their top staff, before the bureau had completed its investigation. It may have been as a defensive measure, to prove for posterity that it was not involved in a cover-up, or because its investigators believed them to be credible.

Whatever the motive, it was quickly leaked – first to CNN, which reported on the material on Wednesday. That triggered a controversial decision by BuzzFeed to publish an unredacted version of the documents on its website. It is unclear where the BuzzFeed version came from. The author of the reports had been insistent on blotting out references to his Russian sources in the copies he gave to the press, including the Guardian, out of fear for their safety. The unredacted version could have come from the original client, who commissioned the research, or from intermediaries between the counter-intelligence contractor and the client.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New York Times  /  January 12, 2017

Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence agent who prepared the dossier on Trump’s supposed activities in Russia, has gone underground.

The strange story of the dossier, which United States intelligence agencies, the FBI, Senator John McCain and many journalists have had for weeks, if not months, and which Trump presumably must have known about, appears to have had personal consequences for Steele.

Steele hurriedly left his home in Surrey on Wednesday.

Steele, 52, was a longstanding officer with MI6, the British equivalent of the CIA, serving in Paris and Moscow in the 1990s before retiring.

In 2009, he started a private research firm, Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd., with Christopher Burrows, now 58.

Burrows’s profile page on LinkedIn describes him as a former counselor in the Foreign Office, with postings in Brussels and New Delhi in the early 2000s. Diplomatic postings are sometimes used to provide cover for intelligence agents.

He is known in British intelligence circles for his knowledge of the intricate web of Kremlin-tied companies and associates that control Russia.

Steele, as a known former MI6 agent, was thought not to have gone to Russia in his investigations but to have used contacts inside and outside the country to prepare the dossier, which United States intelligence agencies have said they cannot substantiate. But the file was used to prepare a two-page appendix to the intelligence presentation American officials gave to Mr. Trump last Friday.

John Sipher, who retired from the CIA in 2014 after 28 years, described Steele as having a good reputation and “some credibility.” Sipher was stationed in Moscow in the 1990s, and then ran the CIA’s Russia program for three years.

“I have confidence that the FBI is going to follow this through,” Sipher said. “My nervousness is that these kind of things are going to dribble and drabble out for the next several years and cause a real problem for this administration going forward.”

39 minutes ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Enjoy Trump while you can... The protest marches today had far bigger crowds than the inauguration in Washington alone.

Not Really.. It was just that the SORE LOSER Liberal Press showed more of them on the TV!!!

• Like 1

Brocky

38 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Not Really.. It was just that the SORE LOSER Liberal Press showed more of them on the TV!!!

Bigger news in Virginia was the Obamas plane couldn't land in Palm Springs for their vacation. It had to land 60 miles away at March AFB because of storms. The media was traumatized over the ruined vacation plans to ease Obamas post presidency funk.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE