Trump

david wild

So we have a bunch of speculation of what "might" happen, vs the alternative where the person who would have been running things has a long history of selling influence and who's only motivation for running was to keep the money flowing into her family "charity"?

Once again, your arguments against what Trump "MIGHT" do are precisely what Hillary was running with the express purpose of doing. So you are OK with the Clinton's absolutely selling influence over US policy to foreign governments...but are against the possibility that foreign governments might alter THEIR policies to be more friendly to the Trump brand? 

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

So we have a bunch of speculation of what "might" happen, vs the alternative where the person who would have been running things has a long history of selling influence and who's only motivation for running was to keep the money flowing into her family "charity"?

Once again, your arguments against what Trump "MIGHT" do are precisely what Hillary was running with the express purpose of doing. So you are OK with the Clinton's absolutely selling influence over US policy to foreign governments...but are against the possibility that foreign governments might alter THEIR policies to be more friendly to the Trump brand? 

Forgive me sir, to whom are you speaking?

If you are addressing me, then you lost me.

I have not argued what Trump "might" do.

I'm not "OK" with Clinton doing.......anything.

I'm not against Trump, nor am I for Clinton (heaven knows).

When you mention "the possibility that foreign governments might alter THEIR policies to be more friendly to the Trump brand", then are you not......speculating?

I have posted news articles that, I personally felt, were of substance (e.g. direct quotes). I avoid purely speculative articles. In any case, you are welcome to ignore my posts.

1 hour ago, david wild said:

Funny when you lose the election you want to change the rules, Trump did not bother to waste his time in states like CA. WA or OR. he played his cards right and won, long before the election I saw all the liberal news showing their electoral vote maps with all the states Clinton was going to carry, she didn't, if she won then the system would have worked, she didn't and it still works. getting a bunch of uneducated people to go along for the free lunch program is easy, getting elected with out the free lunch program is not. The Democrat party is the party of mindless minnions for the most part. you cannot stand that us deplorable clinkers won, and we did not have to bribe anyone.  

six county's in Wa. voted for her! the rest of the state voted against her! much like the popular vote verses the electoral collage , 6 county's  should not be able to dictate how the whole state is run, (or country)  a hundred mile strip of the I-5 corridor  should not be able to control the whole show !  our state needs to amend its constitution  and use the electoral collage approach for a fair representation in "state" government . I'm sure that eastern Ore. feels the same.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

1 man or woman= 1 vote.

I understand this concept just fine! what you are not hearing is, a  small  geographic  area should not be able to control a whole state or country. Rules or laws that make since in a urban area don't always work for rural populations, that's why we have local laws and protocol's, to  best fit  your immediate area,  but when a large group dictates to a smaller  group in a different area, it don't work well.    case in point how is it fair that a bunch of wolf loving liberals  in Seattle can tell me how to farm 250 miles away, where if I kill a wolf eating my livestock I go to jail !  but if I lived another 20 miles east of where I do I wouldn't go to jail ! because they are no longer protected on the other side of the river!  that's why we need the electoral collage to protect the  whole country from the small population centers, so that things are fair to all.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Your party won by "working the system", in this case the Electoral College. Why is that OK, but when I collect the pension I earned it's not?

To quote you   "Proof" ?

If the system was gamed and you have proof of it, it is your duty as a citizen to do one of the following things. Legal Route via law suit or injunction, Petition, the media with your proof, accept the results, revolt or whine about it to people who don't care.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nobody has any more or less "say" than anybody else in their state. Each state's influence over the election is equal to their representation in the federal government thereby ensuring that the people of each state get to have their "say", too. How many "battleground" states were there this election? 10? 15? If we were a democracy and the results of the popular vote mattered, the candidates would have spent 95% of their time in NYC & LA...and ignored the rest of the country. As it was, Trump won decisively in a large number of counties across the nation. I didn't sit there counting, but it even appears he won more counties with +80% of the vote than what Hillary won by ANY margin.

I am glad our founders had the insight and foresight to create the great REPUBLIC that we live in, NOT a democracy. Doing so has ensured that the voices of ALL of the people can be heard.

US_election.png

USA_Election_by_county.png

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

52 minutes ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Actually, it's a representative democracy.

I have to argue  with this statement. when i started school in 1952 we lived in a representative( republic) that is the way i have understood this country to be since then .would you or some one please tell me when our status was officially changed and by whom?        ( and to the republic for which it stands)

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

I have to argue  with this statement. when i started school in 1952 we lived in a representative( republic) that is the way i have understood this country to be since then .would you or some one please tell me when our status was officially changed and by whom?        ( and to the republic for which it stands)

In the country's early documents, the founding fathers wrote both "democracy" and "republic". I suspect that since they borrowed many thoughts from France's system of government, and France was a "republic", that is how the collection of wording came about. No country lives its government to the exact letter of the definition. One can say our country is a "hybrid" system which adopted traits of what the concepts of "democracy" and "republic" represented to the founding fathers some 240 years ago. And as Paul would say, it was a different time and place, with different attitudes (outlooks).

• Like 1

Who said anything about your teamster pension ??? Not me, and I did not see it anywhere else either. You earned it, enjoy it. Now if you want me to pay for it, then you gotta problem. Oh that's right, we bailed out GM. Still did not address the violence and other mean spirited ways in which your union and other liberals do biz. I did not see any conservatives calling for dead cops or burning down the local Winn Dixie (food store in south) or calling Rosie and Whoopi bad names (I could). I guess we have more class than that. Oh, and saying Trump's son is autistic?? Where do you get this ****,  names for Obama go hand in hand with job, but liberals go off the deep end, you don't think Hillary is not behind the green party recount??? Why would they care they lost millions. Just more Clinton corruption.