Trump

david wild

This argument on your part is almost as pathetic as your accusations of "third-world dictatorship tactics" when Trump was putting forth the notion of prosecuting Hillary for actual crimes committed...which happens in a "law and order" society with regularity. It wasn't because of political differences (which WOULD be 3rd-worldish in nature), but because she ACTUALLY broke the law.

Speaking of presidents past, though, George W kept quiet and didn't respond to the criticism, allowing the left's warped perception of events to evolve into what was widely believed to be true by the dumb masses who get their news through ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN/AP/etc.  I don't fault Trump the least bit for learning from his predecessor's mistakes. If you're going to attack him, especially with dishonest accusations, EXPECT to be put in your place. I see nothing wrong with that at all.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

And in the same vein (based on what we're told), ex CIA head David Petraeus was found to have leaked state secrets, intentionally. And not only did he not go to prison, but he's on Trump's short list to be secretary of state.  

And what about Sandy Berger, who stole state secrets from the National Archives. Rather than go to prison, he received a mere slap on the wrist. There's far more to that affair than the American people will ever be told. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Berger)

If "what the mainstream news says" is...........true, many of our Washington employees should be in federal prison today. But they're not....................

And now, not has Trump flip-flopped 100% on his position to put Hillary Clinton in jail (he told Americans that thousands of times over the campaign), but he invites Petraeus for coffee.

8 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Difference is patraeus screwed up got caught and was swiftly and publicly humiliated over his emails with his mistress, lost his job even though he was doing a fantastic job. Hillary is a lifetime criminal who the mainstream left wing media has given pass after pass after pass and now our president elect's every move (whether real or perceived) is dissected by the same left wing media who give democrats a pass. I listened to trumps thank you speech in Michigan tonight and despite what abc, cbs, ms who watches, nbc, cnn, hln says trump laid out very specific, useful plans for the US. By tomorrow the 24hr lame news companies will not have one good word to say about any of it. 

There is no difference. Sandy Berger, David Petraeus, Oliver North and a long list of others (based on what we're told) are guilty to the same degree as Hillary Clinton. And yet, none of the them are in prison. There's an amazing double standard in how the "rule of law" is applied to the aristocracy versus the common people.

My friend, how can you say that Petraeus was doing a fantastic job? He was passing state secrets to his lover (based on what we're told), who could easily have been a foreign agent. In doing so, he completely failed in his job at that point. He did "screw up", and I'm glad he was caught. We can't afford to have such employees "on the line" who are, clearly, unworthy of trust ("Loose lips sink ships").

On 12/7/2016 at 5:40 PM, grayhair said:

I think we could properly be criticizing once he actually takes office and does something in an official capacity.  IMO

Okay, but using that line of thought, it cannot be said that he is doing good things or will do good either.

So  let's review, Trump picks the man that has been suing the EPA to run it, perfect, I love it, his pick to fix the school system, perfect, Interior Dept. oh so perfect, Ben Carson, what better person to fix that problem, he lived in it he knows first hand how to get out of that trap, perfect, Mad Dog running the Military, I 'll have to sign up, volunteered for the last go around, perfect. So there you have it, and you think he will fail, OH sessions at the DOJ, don't count out putting Clinton in jail yet. You Liberals are in for a old school ass kicking.    

• Like 2

Obama appointed college educated idiots and political hacks to fill his cabinet, and we saw how that worked out. Policies which "looked good on paper" but failed miserably in the real world...but it's OK because he's a demcrat and his INTENTIONS were good, and to the left, that's all that matters.

Trump is appointing folks with real world experience and track records of overcoming whatever obstacles are in their way to get things done. He judges success by RESULTS, not by intentions. This is why the left is so scared. Intentions are meaningless if the results don't justify the actions. Intentions are even LESS meaningful when the results run counter to your intent. For example, "healthcare for all" SOUNDS great, thus we had Obamacare forced upon us. However, the result is HIGHER costs, LESS coverage, and a financial penalty for anyone who says "It just isn't a good use of my hard earned money buying into this sham." So, while there may be an increase of "insured" folks, ACCESS to care has declined because now people don't have the money to pay the high deductibles and copays after paying the ridiculous premiums. Hell, $1000/month for my wife and I to be covered...then we'd still have to fork over $6K before the insurance would start picking up PART of the tab...with a max out-of-pocket over $13K...and the policy is worthless unless we're in state when something happens! We live 15 miles from the state line. Wife works out of state. Our horses are boarded out of state, and we ride them out of state. I work in any of 6 states other than my home state. Bottom line, the policy that $1000/month would buy wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on. Prior to Obamacare, I had a $1750 deductible, $4750 max out-of-pocket, and a $65/month premium...and was valid in ANY of the 50 states. I could justify that. The $1000/month I cannot, especially when most anything that happens will be nearly 100% out of pocket anyway due to the deductible, co-pay, outrageous out-of-pocket max, and the fact that most anything we do (including medical care we may seek) is out of state. At least by NOT paying the premiums, I have an extra $12K in my budget to help cover the rare medical cost that might come up. Looked REAL good on paper, though...I mean "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"..."If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance"...and "The average family will save $2500/year on their premiums". All BS...even though the INTENTIONS were good, the practical application is a miserable failure. That's what you get from college educated idiots and political hacks.

Dad used to be a bricklayer, and complained about architects and how they could draw anything and make it look good on paper...said it ought to be a requisite that they spend at least 6 months to a year working construction before they are allowed to ever put a pencil to paper. These days, he builds and wires industrial control panels, and he's got the same complaint about the engineers who design the boxes and panels...they can make anything look good on paper, but it isn't always possible (or isn't practical) to do in the real world.

So Trump is finding "doers"...people who have been there/done that and know how to achieve the goals set out for them to accomplish. They don't just come up with plans that "look good on paper" and then force them through. They base their success upon the OUTCOME of the plan, not the intentions behind it.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

21 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

There is no difference. Sandy Berger, David Petraeus, Oliver North and a long list of others (based on what we're told) are guilty to the same degree as Hillary Clinton. And yet, none of the them are in prison. There's an amazing double standard in how the "rule of law" is applied to the aristocracy versus the common people.

My friend, how can you say that Petraeus was doing a fantastic job? He was passing state secrets to his lover (based on what we're told), who could easily have been a foreign agent. In doing so, he completely failed in his job at that point. He did "screw up", and I'm glad he was caught. We can't afford to have such employees "on the line" who are, clearly, unworthy of trust ("Loose lips sink ships").

None of those people have made a career that has been largely based in scandals like the clintons. Benghazi, ..."at this point what does it matter"...HC, the Clinton foundation where less than 6% of money taken in goes to the charity the rest is spent on "administration fees" and salaries. Go to guidestar.org and see for yourself. THe private server scandal where the FBI stated it is very likely she got hacked and our enemies have our classified info. She got caught wiping it clean, then got caught Red handed lying about turning over all the emails. Wiki leaks provided emails that HC was making sure with the DNC head that the fix was in for Bernie. Other emails revealed that the DOJ gave Hillary a heads up on the investigation coming her way. Hmmm I wonder why she wasn't convicted? Comparing Hillary to patreaus is not even in he same world. Patreaus screwed up paid the price and didn't give us hillarys usual line when asked about her multiple scandals, ..I've already said what happened... blah blah blah. Guess if she already said that makes it so. Did you listen to Donald's thank you speech yesterday KS? Like I said earlier he had a lot of detailed constructive plans/ideas that will do us good especially if he left will quit condemning every idea he has. We listened to a freshman senator with NOT ONE OUNCE OF REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE for the last 8 years and we've all seen how hiring a community organizer turned out.  Let's give a businessman a chance. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Based on what we 're told, you feel Hillary should be in prison. I don't disagree. 

"If" what we're told is true, how could she be allowed to be a presidential nominee?

With that in mind, why has Trump done a 360, abandoning his firm position to put her in jail?

Now,  Trump wants to show kindness to Hillary and let her walk. Go figure.

46 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Based on what we 're told, you feel Hillary should be in prison. I don't disagree. 

"If" what we're told is true, how could she be allowed to be a presidential nominee?

With that in mind, why has Trump done a 360, abandoning his firm position to put her in jail?

So you stance is Hillary has been framed over and over again?  It's not really fair to use the "if the news is real" card to support your argument especially when you post stories from the news. On trump I suspect he figures he has more productive things to do in his presidency than go on a four year campaign to get Hillary thrown in jail. You know it will just be a left winger media feeding frenzy if he went after Hillary and that is all we would hear about for four years. My hope is he gets some of these anti lobbyists, anti government purchaser that then goes to work for the private companies they once purchased from as a start to cleaning things up. If you didn't listen to his thank you speech in Michigan last night you should. It was great. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Huh???  I don't at all feel that she has been framed? I don't understand how you came away with that, from what I wrote.

Based on what we're told........that's all we common people know. We have no first-hand information.

So you feel that Hillary is incredibly guilty of a wide range of illegal acts, however, you don't care if Trump flip-flops on a key campaign point and lets her walk free?

Come on guys, he is playing nice right now, he has to, if crap for brain really figures what trump is up to he'll pardon the whole lot, Holder is as bad as Clinton, he really needs to visit the pen, let him get sworn in then let's see if he really has changed, but he still is appointing really good people, he can sit back and just watch, a really good boss is the boss that hires the right people, I have known bosses that could not do the job themselves but knew who to hire to get the job done, that's a good boss.  micro management does not work, hiring your buddy or people you owe does not work, let's see what happens. 

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Huh???  I don't at all feel that she has been framed? I don't understand how you came away with that, from what I wrote.

Based on what we're told........that's all we common people know. We have no first-hand information.

So you feel that Hillary is incredibly guilty of a wide range of illegal acts, however, you don't care if Trump flip-flops on a key campaign point and lets her walk free?

I feel Trump is doing the smart thing and letting the Congress and or the  Justice Department. prosecute her. I'm sure he's been advised not to tie up himself with her for months when he has more important items to deal with. As mush as the public wants justice, they would be more irate over him not getting on with the business of running the country. Picture the field day the media and the Democrats would have with Trump pushing the prosecution of her. This way justice is dine and there is not mush poop to toss at Trump.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

David and Paul, I agree with you.

That said, I seriously doubt that Hillary Clinton will see time, because for decades, we've watched dozens of these types of people avoid it. Politicians and the wealthy aristocracy including big business leaders all successfully avoid prosecution, again and again and again.

Recall, for example, the 2008 financial crisis. Nobody on Wall Street went to jail. Companies were fined, but none of the "people" who made the corrupt company decisions were prosecuted. They are the "untouchables".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Point in short, maybe it my perception but it seems when it suits your argument the news is real. All of us on here have debated over news stories. Other times like today I posted clips from the news of Hilary's many lies she got caught in and you replied ..."if what we are told is true"...  I know sarcasm doesn't always come across well on a written forum but that's where the line about Hillary being framed came from. I don't believe there is a big conspiracy to make her look bad, I think her greed and corruption does that for her.  I did address the trump point you brought up earlier and had a similar response as Paul. 

Edited by HeavyGunner

6 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

im thinkin it was a publicity stunt,,,,to sooth the liberals .,....of coarse we all know,,,,theres  no pleasing them  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  BOB

23 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Point in short, maybe it my perception but it seems when it suits your argument the news is real. All of us on here have debated over news stories. Other times like today I posted clips from the news of Hilary's many lies she got caught in and you replied ..."if what we are told is true"...  I know sarcasm doesn't always come across well on a written forum but that's where the line about Hillary being framed came from. I don't believe there is a big conspiracy to make her look bad, I think her greed and corruption does that for her.  I did address the trump point you brought up earlier and had a similar response as Paul. 

You're so right, our intended expression doesn't always come across well (as intended) on a written forum.

When I write "if what we are told is true", I do so with a serious tone. I'm not being sarcastic. The powers that be, the aristocracy including big business, uses information, and disinformation, to manipulate the masses, from getting the majority to stay in line, to buying the latest material items.

There are always conspiracies, if we want to call them that, to discredit people, if not destroy them altogether. The battle for power in Washington is endless.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." - Lord John Dalberg-Acton, 1887

Regarding Trump, Hillary and the 2016 election, I'm sure there are many pieces to the puzzle that we will never know. I imagine half of the story, from the beginning to the end, will remain forever secret.

Reflecting on our generation, do you really think you were told the complete truth, and nothing but the truth, on how Kennedy was killed? On Watergate? On Iran-Contra? On WMD in Iraq as an excuse for us to enter the second Iraq war?

Truth........has an unmistakable air of clarity. It's not rocket science.

I try to post factual news, including direct quotes. I avoid unfounded conjecture, but will post articles that, I feel, have creditable substance.

I'm a serious person by nature. I apologize if you perceived me as being sarcastic.

• Like 2

Got this from Elvis last night.

00196facf45d5e0fd27c280ec97f706d.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

“There was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good, there was nothing good about it, but it was effective and it did its job.”

“It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege, power and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it and I still can’t get it out of my head because it wasn’t it in a movie, it was real life.”

“This instinct to humiliate, when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful, it filters down into everyone’s life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.”

“Disrespect invites disrespect, violence invites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others we all lose.”

Cecil B DeMille award recipient Meryl Streep at the Golden Globe Awards

January 9, 2017