Pictures of the Week

other dog

Dang! Rockingham was a big time track once. What happened to it? 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not trying to hijack this thread but I thought you nascar fans might enjoy this fun fact. Did you know that there was a nascar race in eastern Montana when it first got started?  I heard it on the radio once and you can still see the track. It goes across hwy 2 and in front of the old Ranch bar and grill. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Growing up on Long Island in the 50's to mid 70's we had Roosevelt raceway had auto circle track and horse track, Bridge Hampton Road Course, Freeport, Islp and Riverhead oval tracks, West Hampton Drag Strip, Suffolk Dragway and National Speedway 1/4 mile strips. Islip also had an 1/8 mile drag strip. There were very few gas stations and auto parts stores that didn't have a stocker, midget, demo car or drag car  back than. Now I drive 4 hours each way to race my SVT  3 or 4 passes if I'm lucky.     Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, General Ike said:

Bridgehampton was a great track.  I drove at one of the last events held there prior to the bulldozers moving in.

My friend Bob Rubin has the bridge from the track at his resturant.

22 minutes ago, j hancock said:

A couple of friends saw the asphalt mods at Riverhead and reported it was one hell of show.

The last race track on the island and it's on a week to week basis with the local town. They want to put in an important thing. . .a parking garage.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

A Great week!!!      ABSOLUTELY  have to try that meatloaf.........and the babe photos are SPECTACULAR...love ponytails...the first girl pic she seems to be saying the pledge of allegiance....or adjusting "tilt"...I ain't sure...but my meat aint loafin anymore!!!          :D

On 4/26/2016 at 7:31 AM, HeavyGunner said:

Is it me or does the first girl in the orange shirt appear to be missing her arm from the elbow down?

I thought the same thing, I studied the picture before I re-sized it and it does look like her arm is missing below the elbow. I wondered if anybody else would notice.

Here's another look, but it looks pretty much the same.

DSCN2185.JPG

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

8 hours ago, other dog said:

I thought the same thing, I studied the picture before I re-sized it and it does look like her arm is missing below the elbow. I wondered if anybody else would notice.

Here's another look, but it looks pretty much the same.

DSCN2185.JPG

Y'ALL  GOTTA READ MY PRIOR POST.....I DID NOTICE IT...IF YOU FOLLOW IT UP...SHE'S SAYING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE