66dc75

Had some spare parts............

This looks like a cool idea. Be sure to keep us updated with pictures. I would love to keep track of the progress on this. What's the motor and tranny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350 Chevy 700r4. Everybody asks why not a Cummins or a 7.3. The motor had 40k on it, ran like new and came with the chassis. I'm trying to stay on a low budget.

• Like 1

Hmmm......  interesting project - can't wait to see pics when it's done.  So far it seems to be shaping up nicely, and the proportions look promising....

Work so far really looks 1st class.

3 hours ago, eddeere said:

Work so far really looks 1st class.

Thanks, just wish it was as solid as your's is, this has a whole lot of patches.

That is going to be an impressive conversion, defiantly will not look cobbled together.

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

That is going to be an impressive conversion, defiantly will not look cobbled together.

Thanks Paul

Nice work

It's really coming together fast. Looks great.

I dunno how I have missed this up until now but great work and I really enjoy having a read thru looking at the pictures 

Paul 

For your marker lights go to www.restorationspecialties.com - great people to deal with, they have the reproduction rubber mounts/bases for the clearance lights and the hollow rubber seals for the doors, (see the hollow tube on home page) we have fitted the hollow rubber seal on our B model cab, much better door closing and also a good seal for air coming thru, the solid door rubber does not give an tight seal.

With the clearance lights you can fit LED replacement globes, we have fitted them, tight fit but some adjustments and they will go in and when you put the glass or plastic lens into the frame the LED's will be held in place 

Great project, like the flat fire wall

for the clearance light pads at restoration specialties it is a bit hard to find - go to the catalog PDF and scroll to page 60 - there you will find them, these are the correct rubber pads for your clearance lights and also comes with the sponge type seal as well, you can send an email with your lights,

They are a family business and very helpful

9 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

for the clearance light pads at restoration specialties it is a bit hard to find - go to the catalog PDF and scroll to page 60 - there you will find them, these are the correct rubber pads for your clearance lights and also comes with the sponge type seal as well, you can send an email with your lights,

They are a family business and very helpful

Thank's, I started to cut my own foam rubber gaskets last night, wasn't too happy with them.

man thats some nice neat work did a beautiful job so far,,,thanks for sharing...bob

• Like 1

I don't know how I missed this until now........This is gonna be friggen awesome!!!

Where are you located? Can you make Macungie with this???

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

as above top work thanks for sharing 

Paul