21 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

finaly getting around to starting the engine swap in the mh . once i get the take out on a stand I will find out what all is wrong with it will either rebuild it or pass it on to someone

DSCN0352.JPG

Are those cab supports OEM??  mine didn't come with them, do you have a partnumber?

now's the time to get everyone hopping... swap out to a driptroit 12V71

BC Mack

A bit small  in my opinion.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Bigger is better :) V-20

1973_MTU_ship_diesel_engine_pic3.JPG

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

What a sweet B!  Bandags on it?

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 4/30/2016 at 1:45 AM, Timmyb said:

What's the gear shift like with that linkage set up? 

I've got cable shift on my kw but they need replacing every 2 years or so. 

tim   as long as you keep every thing greased and tight it works fine  will give problems going into 5th or 10th gear position if not

On 4/30/2016 at 9:47 PM, 39 Baby Mack said:

thanks i`ll give that # a whirl and let you know what happens

We had MH612's with E6 300 4 valves, should be the same lines. Can't give you the whole VIN number but here's the last six for one of them .....003370

Give it a try they were 1987s. with Robert Bosch pumps

Ron