Rd688s headlight housing

Hello everyone. I recently saw a rd with round headlights. In my opinion they look better than the squarish ones I have now. Plus I could get a set of those led headlights everyone is using nowadays. I would like to know if someone by any chance know the part # and the size headlights. Here is a pic of the truck i saw.

Thanks

Red

post-16358-0-37559100-1455509723_thumb.p

They look in shop made to me and it does look better to me

Could be a pair of R Model fiberglass headlight buckets glassed on to the existing ones on the nose. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Seems to me,PennDot had to be the biggest user of them. I like them also. Just look better to me. I wasn't big on the sloped-hood RD. But if I had one, I'd do the same thing. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 6 months later...

It's a shame the new mega dealers and parts guys are only interested in $$ and won't spend energy to find anything.  Bucket housing 32MO41M      Bezel 116QS465P2     headlight assy   2MO457M3.  It will take 2 each.  These numbers might go to a Volvo world # but the dealer should be able to do that.  The headlight assy showed to be a slow item and non returnable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, br549 said:

It's a shame the new mega dealers and parts guys are only interested in $$ and won't spend energy to find anything.  Bucket housing 32MO41M      Bezel 116QS465P2     headlight assy   2MO457M3.  It will take 2 each.  These numbers might go to a Volvo world # but the dealer should be able to do that.  The headlight assy showed to be a slow item and non returnable. 

Volvo has a non-returnable parts policy? That's the most absurd thing I ever heard. I thought such a policy in the United States by auto and truck makers was still illegal.

The policy of the former Mack Trucks was, any part still packaged and saleable as new goods could be returned.

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

Volvo has a non-returnable parts policy? That's the most absurd thing I ever heard. I thought such a policy in the United States by auto and truck makers was still illegal.

The policy of the former Mack Trucks was, any part still packaged and saleable as new goods could be returned.

The 2MO457P3 is a 24 volt.  2MO457M is12 volt round incandescent.  The 2mo457M2 is a 12 volt round Halogen.   The 2MO 457p3 notes:  This part is a non-stocking item due to low activity.  Under certain circumstances this item may be ordered on a ship direct basis.  The Mack Dealer assumes responsibility for min buy, collect freight, non-cancellable and not eligible for return.  [See Parts Managers Manual].  Glad I went back and looked, I did not see the 457P3 being 24 volt. 12 volts should be available. 

Unfortunately these are the times we live in.I remember when I was growing up I would go with my pops to the truck parts store and there would an old timer who knew every part number and would have you out of there in 2 min..Now it take ten for them to just open up their parts catalog. ..and don't even think of showing up without a vin .

If I go fabricating metal plates to put round headlights in I would make a couple of test designs. With the lights offset to the outside of fenders (as R-model earlier had) and with dual lights. For instance just using pieces of cardboard. And it might be paint silver with a can to get more realistic look.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012