Looking to value two of my Mack trucks

Big Bad Dog

Wondering if anyone can help me value two of my Mack trucks.

First one is a 1989 Superliner RW 713

E9 450 v8 15 spd day cab 20 frt 44 rears

Alum buds up frt and 24.5 on Daytons rear

Spring ride heavy frame

Second one

1990 ultraliner 500 E9 v8

12 and 40 Mack air ride bunk 12 spd

Has alum box but it was a tractor

Horan had one MACK with a Fuller 15 speed in the early 1980's. It was basically a 10 speed with deep reduction. Shifting as I remember was Deep 1 Deep 2 Deep 3 Deep 4 Deep 5 than out of deep reduction to low 4 low 5 and shift to High Range through high 1 through 5. Never used Low 1, 2 or 3 gears. Ran it at Bromans Pit a lot and when we were at a site on Marcus Ave.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Your input is welcomed. If you have 15 speed knowledge, you're way ahead of me. I've driven a lot of different trucks, but not a 15. What I look for, is a nice low gear, and that the rest of the rears are close together.

Your input is welcomed. If you have 15 speed knowledge, you're way ahead of me. I've driven a lot of different trucks, but not a 15. What I look for, is a nice low gear, and that the rest of the rears are close together.

On the road, basically a 10-speed. Extra gears only used off road or starting. For close splits, 13 or 18 would be better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have two 15sp's, one a direct and one over. Nice trans for both highway and offroad. When you're light use it as a 10sp and when you need the low gears drop in deep reduction. Has 2 air splitters, one for deep reduction and one for main trans low/high. Only difference is the shifter won't let you go into deep reduction on the high side split. Also has a deeper overdrive than 13sp. Just sayin, this is my favorite trans! Bobs Toy

Not to but-in, 15 is the same idea as the 8ll just a few more gears. And yes with suitable rears, I think it is excellent for lowboy work.

100% correct. 8LL is a 13 speed. Horans was originally a power unit for a lowboy for PRATT for 5 or 6 years til they replaced it with a Superliner, so that says it works out well for low boy work. We converted it to a 3 axle dump with a Stecco Demo body.

Converting to a 13 or 15 will require probably changing rear ratios for it all to work well .

41 chev, getting back to the 15 speed. Does it go low enough for lowboy use? I don't like to have the clutch doing the work.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE