How do you keep mice out

BAD DOG

What works best to keep mice out of your trucks when they're stored in a building over the winter months. I've tried mothballs and bounce sheets, and they don't work. I never had trouble with mice till last winter, and I'm catching them on traps already this year.,what have you guys had luck using?

A BIG hammer or a hungry cat? Let me know (post it here) if you or anyone knows of a sure way to keep mice out. Just hope they do not start chewing wires. I too have tried mothballs, Irish Spring soap, pine scent, and dryer sheets. Set traps but so far nothing. I am sure the critters are in there somewhere.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I have heard that (Fresh Cab) air fresheners work good. I put some packs in my trucks and didn't have mice in last year, don't know if it works but it says is does.

That is the pine scented "crap in a bag". Worthless. Dang mice chewed the paper flap on top of the pouch and crapped all over the dryer sheets.

Ken

I had the same luck as farmer52 with Fresh Cab, had some luck with a product called Mouse Out but the name has been changed to squeak out. It's a thin grease in an aerosol can originally made for aircraft (or so says my airplane mechanic friend) and it was found to also allegedly repel mice but since that's not what it's labeled for they had to change the name to Squeak Out. At least that's the story I was told and it did seem to help some but carefully placed poison would probably be your best bet in my opinion.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Ben there done that.. The only way to get rid of the mice is traps and peanut butter and more than one trap!! I have not found a way to simply but down a poison or smell to stop those SOB's from getting into the wiring and cushions in the trucks for the winter.

Peanut butter on the trap and checking it frequently is the only sure way... F@#$ the cat only way they help is if hungry or what they to bring you a present.

• Like 1

Yes I do have a couple cats around the old homestead but they don't venture too far from the house this time of year, and the one hunts and kills mice outside regularly but tends to just play with them in the house and in the buildings. Guess they got it too good around here. I been using sticky traps around the shed baited with peanut butter and have caught a couple lately they aren't nesting in the truck this year yet, and hopefully don't but they something ate the peanut butter off the one I had in the cab so I'm assuming one must have been in there today. I've had a bunch of those tree air freshener a in the cab for a while I put some mint extract on a paper towel inside today I heard they hate the smell of mint. I might try the cedar too and am going to have to probably put some poison out around the shed and get rid of any clutter that might harbour them too. Thanks guys for your help I'll have to keep trying everything till I find something that works on them.

I put TomCat bait blocks in the sheds and builds, only to have something eat the entire block in one evening. I did this for a week but each night the blocks disappeared. Finally I decided to forget it....getting too expensive. It is either a BIG mouse or some other critter. My guesses are skunk or fox. Mice are pulling material from one of the my cars parked in the shed. Built a nest in the engine shrouding of my garden tractor, would overheat and shutdown. They also like to build nests in the car air intake box.

Ken

I had mice a few years ago in my garage. I put lots of small traps with peanut butter. Took care of them pretty quick. Never had any real issues with vehicles. Only one time really, I knew they were getting into my '69 F100(which sits a lot). Found chewed up paper towel behind the passenger seat--that is how I knew they were in there. Never had any problems with wiring or other damage. Lucky. I did see one of the lil varmints though, as I was driving it down the road. One bastard came out from under the dash and ran under the seat. LOL!!

Been a few years, haven't seen a mouse around. I don't have cats===I have a bird instead. Though I have seen a few random cats in the neighborhood and I think they must take care of the mice problems from the outside.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have a couple baits in peanut butter jars with a hole drilled in the end so I can see how much is gone located by the doors. Half way down the shop along the perimeter I put out several sticky traps also good for spiders and bugs.. I keep the bates and sticky traps are year. A few weeks ago when it started turning cold I put out a couple spring traps with peanut butter and got one but nothing as of late. The biggest thing is staying vigilant with the traps. In the past I have placed traps on the floor boards but I would rather catch them before they get in because you never know how long they were in the truck before they get caught.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Moth balls or flakes work. The mice hate the as much as humans. It'll stink up the truck but I learned this from a friend who had a lot of snow cats that sat all summer and

it worked.

Tim,

I had at least four (4) boxes of moth balls in the MH and the little ba$tard$ still managed to chew wires, paper towels, and ruined my ultra rare Mack Ultraliner jacket. Sum beaches!

Currently I have moth balls, Fresh Cab (pine scent), dryer sheets, sticky boards, pb baited spring traps, and poison blocks placed inside the MH, car, and pickup. I have the bases covered. :twothumbsup: I removed the sleeper mattress from the MH and also placed paper items in plastic storage containers. I read mice do not chew plastic.

Ken