Would love some help from you kind folks!

jhankcock, you're right. That's what it's got under the hood. Bigdogtrucker, the trucks are just north of Ft. Bragg. As far as the cabs and rails, my father seems to think they are fine.

The Old Dodge has a Power Giant Gas engine in it. My father said that it had a big engine and was powerful but I know that there is less of a market for them obviously than diesel trucks. It's a cool looking truck though. I like the design of the access to things with the swing fenders.

Love the trucks and "Power Giant" makes me laugh a little every time I say it. I don't know what that is but I'm going to look it up. They are interesting pieces and worth something to someone for sure given the uniqueness of their builds or brand. I'd guess a couple of grand and someone would take a chance on them. I would definitely put in a battery or two and make them run. Knowing they run is a big part of the pie and will make people more comfortable with what they are buying. Note oil pressure and if they burn clean or not...

Good luck with them and thanks for sharing them with us.

Greg

• Like 2

Now, I'm sure that this question is very subjective and the answer totally depends on what one would run into if they were going to restore a truck like this lowboy. Having said that, assuming that the motor and transmission are good, anybody care to shoot from the hip as to what it would cost to restore the interior, and go through the truck and repaint it, etc., put new rubber all the way around etc.?? I know that is wide range. Just curious. We still have the loader and excavator. I'm deciding whether to transport them with a tag along trailer behind our other truck (Ford LT9000). I suspect that it would be cheaper to buy a good tag along as opposed to restoring the lowboy, though having the lowboy would give us greater flexibility in mobilizing on jobs, etc.

Tires have doubled in cost in the last 15yrs. I just put two new 22.5" Yokohoma on the front of my truck. $400+ each, plus mounting. That can be $5000 for tires on the truck alone. The trailer looks pretty solid, but likely needs a new floor AND tires. Ouch.....see where this is headed.

Paint supplies have gone stupid too. I'd hate to think what it would cost to even do a quickly spray job.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That Dodge is just way cool looking! And I googled power giant to see what I could see, and you might have a valuable gem there!

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/barn-finds/116-0704-1958-dodge-700-truck/

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1969-Dodge-CT900-C1000-Power-Giant-Engine-Original-Repair-Shop-Manual-P16070.aspx

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Great stuff there. I would also add that any original titles or documentation help quite a bit. Most people enjoy a sense of history, so old pictures are a nice touch. Having paper and running/yard driving will likely have the biggest impact on sale price.

• Like 1

Superdog when you threw $1500 to $2000 a piece, were you referring to the 2 trucks, or the Mack tractor and the lowboy?

I was meaning for each

,there's a Dodge just like that local been for sale going on 3 yrs.,only difference it has a spreader box,low miles on new engine,5x4 trans.,rock solid cab,a very little rust in top of fenders.,,$1200 would buy it but he's had no takers

both trucks are cool as hell,if it was me,I'd keep them,tinker around on them a little,and since your in excavating,you could get a little use out of them.

• Like 2

If n the Detroit powered mack aint bin run fur a while B ware of a run away or it could end in tears

sum times a injector will stik opens n uncontrolled fuel flo to the engine builds big revs till it can destroy itself

make sure the the air flap @ the blower is operating so it can starve the beast of air n stop the run away

jist me 2 cents worth

tax free 2day

LOL

cya

§wishy

• Like 2

Those Dodges seemed to be more popular on the East Coast. Ton of them on L.I and around me in Virginia.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE