b42 rides again

Excellent! Glad to see it doing it intended job! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for the kind words, took quite a bit to get her looking good again, I spent a few months a couple years ago painting her up. Not a show quality paint job by any means but I'm happy with how it turned out makes her look respectable going down the road delivering stuff.

I also rewired everything this year while I had the box off....figured smelling smoke when the lights were on was a good reason to take on that job. Ran everything through relays so my old switches aren't loaded with a lot of currant draw. Was almost as big a project as building the bed but I feel a lot better going down the road knowing all my lights are going to work when I pull the switch...or step on the brakes.

Still a work in progress but at least it's to the point that I can take her out and enjoy it while I work on it.

• Like 2

Thanks, I'm looking forward to a set of radial tires, the old bias plys are a bit on the square side until they warm up a bit then it rides surprisingly good. It will definitly be getting some paint on the bed this fall/winter whan I get some free time also going to mount a tool box under the bed for my ratchet straps and what not, not much room in the cab for that stuff.

• Like 2

I'm from central pa if you would be looking for a road trip. I have the rear out of my B that has 5.29 ratio, 22" hubs, and s-cam breaks. I could give u a really good deal if u can get it before winter. Send me a message if u want to talk. It's nice to see old trucks still being used these days.

• Like 1