Mack Day 2015 - Lititz, PA

Doug Maney

That is Dan Thomas's Aussie Valueliner. It original done to the paint and Steering Wheel on the "Right" side. He's got a long, long distance award if there ever has one. Not to mention he is based in Oregon on the West Coast, USA. :chili:

• Like 2

Although the weather outside was cold and damp, there were some that drove their trucks for all to see - thank you. I guess the final count was around 40. I am not faulting anyone for not bringing their truck and I must admit I did not drive the MH. But you "short time visitors", did you stop inside Gerhart's shop and talk to other BMT members? Many of us were there from Thursday afternoon thru Saturday. I very much enjoyed the show and the inclimate weather allowed us ample time to sit and talk "trucks". One of the best parts of any show is to meet and talk with other BMT members and truck owners. The weather allowed me time to see old friends and make new friends. The Friday night meal was an excellent opportunity to "sit around and talk trucks". So if you came to Gerhart's to "just look at trucks" or "no show" because of the weather, you missed the best part of the show - the people. As for the weather, if you were cold...did you check the forecast and "dress appropriately". Thanks to Doug and his crew for another GREAT event. Thanks also to Roger Gerhart for being a gracious host and allowing us to utilize his shop and property for this event. It was a success in my book even though the weather did not cooperate.

Well put Farmer. I found a little shopping to do in Allentown on the way down and the weather was tolerable at Gerhart's by the afternoon. I'm upset that some of the early arrivals were also early to leave. I really wanted to see the Aussie Valueliner. The conversation is always good, but at some point I'd like to know some of you by name.

• Like 1

I had a haul in Leola going back to NJ so I picked up my vehicle first then showed at Gerharts at a little after noon. I found Mike Mackman and were told most of you guys were already gone. I had some lunch, bought some little trucks from one of the vendors, walked the show and the stuff out back. I stayed until 2:30 and figured I'd head back since no one was there. I was dissappointed we didn't do a group photo this year. Still I'm glad I went, got to see Mike, stared at the B61 in the junk yard again, and see what trucks were there.

Here I am parked by the crane yard.

post-11944-0-92406500-1443973701_thumb.j

Even in the rain and driving 700 miles I still had a good time, didn't make it to the dinner Fri. but dried out at the motel and got ready for Sat. met a few guys, it was worth it. drove 1500 miles round trip and made it home safe.

• Like 2

You hit the nail on the head farmer52,it not so much the trucks we come to see but the people we met that makes the shows.I have been going to tractor and truck shows for about 40 years and I can say I have made some friendships that will last forever. By the way it was a great show.There was a blue model ED that was parked right outside the shop does anyone know the owner would like to talk to him.

• Like 2