B-73 Restoration

16 hours ago, tjc transport said:

my favorite thing to do after trans install was zip ties on the driveshaft.....sometimes with a 1/4 20 nut on the end to hit the floorboards.

They did that to one of our drivers a few years back with a brand new pickup that’s a cheap shot ha ha… Bob

On 6/3/2023 at 5:22 PM, Mean Green said:

We used to wait till a guy got a new engine done at work he would be cranking and as soon as it lit off we would be smacking the frame with a hammer they would shut it down and jump out of the cab in a hurry hope you don’t have buddy’s like that lol

heck I can top that one. pain in a-s mechanic next bay over at Mack just finished head gaskets / exhaust manifold etc. as he goes to start engine for first time, I'm under my truck with air hose having blow nozzle on it. as he starts eng I take air nozzle start tapping it on floor. faster he throttles engine : faster I tap . eng slow to Idle : I slow "exhaust leak "sound. process lasted a while as I watched him race around truck looking for sound. let it be known this was payback for him busting me. 

• Like 1

Right on Matt good for you it’s hard for me to find people to help around here are usually don’t need a whole lot but once in a while like you, I could use that extra couple of hands most of my friends are freight drivers all night and I don’t want to bother them on the weekends Great progress, bud hats off. …. Bob

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Right on Matt good for you it’s hard for me to find people to help around here are usually don’t need a whole lot but once in a while like you, I could use that extra couple of hands most of my friends are freight drivers all night and I don’t want to bother them on the weekends Great progress, bud hats off. …. Bob

Yup, same here. I usually put together a weekend work party with family and friends. But I need to get this done and don’t want to wait. Plus work this time of year can be unpredictable. I already lost this coming Sunday.

• Like 2

My good mate Mal, the fella that painted my truck is always up for some fun 

But in recent years his wife aka "the diff" like a old Holden with a crook diff, whines the whole bloody time gets a face on her like a cows bum everytime we try and have some fun so I haven't done much with Mal for a few years now 

Paul 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yarnall said:

You WILL have it ready for Macungie.   Good work!

Actually, I’m trying for the Brooklyn show on 6/25. I want to get some miles on it before venturing out. Plus, I need to get the body on to add some weight over the rear axle. It really rides rough, even with the tires aired down.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

Actually, I’m trying for the Brooklyn show on 6/25. I want to get some miles on it before venturing out. Plus, I need to get the body on to add some weight over the rear axle. It really rides rough, even with the tires aired down.

Don't know if your going to carry any weight on it, how about taking a few  leaves out of springs for a better ride?    terry  :MackLogo:

On 6/8/2023 at 5:34 PM, mattb73lt said:

Man, I got a LOT put back together today. It was faster mostly because I wasn’t fabricating every little piece and kept it pretty well organized as it came apart.

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

Looks like it's ready to start.  Did you have it running yet ?