B-73 Restoration

It's a ''Blast it all'' unit..  I need to clean the dust off of it and the gauges and such, new gun tip, and sand, and a roll of window plastic,, but it will make my parts cleaning a whole lot easier..  and I can  produce a more professional look when I build an engine or tranny, or whatever..  

KIMG1914.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

It's a ''Blast it all'' unit..  I need to clean the dust off of it and the gauges and such, new gun tip, and sand, and a roll of window plastic,, but it will make my parts cleaning a whole lot easier..  and I can  produce a more professional look when I build an engine or tranny, or whatever..  

KIMG1914.JPG

I have an Empire blast cabinet. It’s indispensable for this kind of work. I use it all the time to clean things up. There’s a pic of it way back in one of my posts.

• Like 1

You must be spraying very carefully to not get it out of balance while standing on three legs!

I also guess many would think to themself that we already saw this yellow paint at a certain time in the past. But pretty sure now it's much brighter! And fingers crossed:)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Damn you TJC...   You would be the one that get's me all F'd up.. I bet you sit back and watch Me Sh!t my pant's..  and laugh the whole time..  Of course,,,  you would do that because you would know that I did a good job,..  just had to stir the pot...   :) 

That was how my Old Timer Buddy Earl, would do...  What a D!ck... 

Joey, not only did i do it to my buddy Al on a few of his race cars, i would also do it to the lead mechanic in the body shop after i sold out to my partner. 

with Al it was extra special because he would not hear it until he was roasting a set of tires off the back of the car while i was sitting in the shop watching, trying not to spill my beer.

and i get him every single time. 😁

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I knew it !!!!!!! your that guy.!!!!!!!  Kinda wish i fell prey to your antick's...  It would be funny by now..  and a funny story too..  A$$hole.!!!  :) 

• Haha 1

My Grandpa worked at The Ford Engine Plant here In Lima, Ohio.  Had a guy that used the same welder as my Grandpa but on 1st shift. Grandpa would come in and reset the machine 🙄 in order to do his work. My Grandpa kindly asked the gentleman if he would please put the welder settings back the way he found them when he ended his shift. The guy cussed at my Grandpa and threw a fit. So my Grandpa really fixed him.......At the end of his Shift that night my Grandpa took the leads of the welder off and put a Dab of Superglue on each post then put The leads back on,Tightened them down,and went home. Came back the next day and the guy was Mad and Said "It took us almost half a day to git that welder going" That wasn't funny. My Grandpa just smiled and said well next time you'll put the machine back the way you found it!!! And walked away laughing 

• Like 1

Yeah, there might be some anger management issues with you jokesters lurking about in the shop! I'll be wracked enough trying to get the oil pressure up and then firing this off. Those first few minutes and then road tests will be hard enough without someone screwing around. I will admit to having fun with people in a shop setting, though. All in good fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

Yeah, there might be some anger management issues with you jokesters lurking about in the shop! I'll be wracked enough trying to get the oil pressure up and then firing this off. Those first few minutes and then road tests will be hard enough without someone screwing around. I will admit to having fun with people in a shop setting, though. All in good fun.

no worries there Matt!!!
i would never do something like that after a build on a troublesome issue like you had. ........

we only did it to each other on silly things. 

the trans deal with Al was that he was always pulling the trans to tinker with it, even if it worked perfectly. 

he liked to  wire whistler bottle rockets to spark plug wires on my race car in the pits at the track. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..